ProxySQL 1.4.4 and Updated proxysql-admin Tool Now in the Percona RepositoryDmitriy Kostiuk
ProxySQL is a high-performance proxy, currently for MySQL and its forks (like Percona Server for MySQL and MariaDB). It acts as an intermediary for client requests seeking resources from the database. René Cannaò created ProxySQL for DBAs as a means of solving complex replication topology issues.
The ProxySQL 1.4.4 source and binary packages available at https://percona.com/downloads/proxysql include ProxySQL Admin – a tool, developed by Percona to configure Percona XtraDB Cluster nodes into ProxySQL. Docker images for release 1.4.4 are available as well: https://hub.docker.com/r/percona/proxysql/. You can download the original ProxySQL from https://github.com/sysown/proxysql/releases.
This release fixes the following bugs in ProxySQL Admin:
- proxysql-admin was unable to recognize IP address of localhost. Bug fixed #892.
- proxysql-admin couldn’t interpret passwords with special characters correctly, such as ‘$’. Bug fixed #893.
- proxysql_node_monitor script had writer/reader hostgroup conflict issue. Bug fixed #PSQLADM-3.
- Runtime table was not updated in case of any changes in Percona XtraDB Cluster membership. Bug fixed #PQA-155.
- ProxySQL logrotate script did not work properly, producing empty /var/lib/proxysql/proxysql.log after logrotate. Bug fixed #BLD-853.
ProxySQL is available under OpenSource license GPLv3.