Please join Percona’s Principal Support Engineer, Sveta Smirnova, as she presents “Effective Testing for Live Applications” on March 29, 2018 at 10:00 am PDT (UTC-7) / 1:00 pm EDT (UTC-4).
When an application is hit with trouble in a live production environment, it is often difficult to:
- Repeat a problematic scenario without the risk of making things worse
- Find which query or sequence of actions caused the issue
- Prepare a dataset to share with the support team that can be used to investigate your problem on their site
At the same time, it is not possible to solve troubles without understanding what caused them. This is why it is necessary to clearly understand what steps caused the issue. You need to have a repeatable test case or, at the very least, a clear understanding of when your application met the error.
In this webinar, I will:
- Guide you through general steps that will help you to identify the issue
- Cover testing methods that work best at the each step
- Discuss how to minimize test cases so you are better prepared to provide information to your support team (or just to have it handy on your test server).