Avinash Vallarapu (Percona) delivers the talk, "Upgrade or Migrate Your PostgreSQL Database Through a Lowest Possible Downtime", on DAY 1 of the Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2019, 5/29, at Austin, TX.
PostgreSQL performance varies between different releases. Every new version comes with added features and performance improvements that help the growing adoption of PostgreSQL. All these continuous These ongoing developments and improvements drive us to plan on upgrading our PostgreSQL environments, but that's not always an easy task. A few common concerns when it comes to upgrading PostgreSQL are extended downtime, converting the tables partitioned using triggers to declarative partitions, the search for the safest options to upgrade and the effort required in the upgrading process itself. In this talk we'll discuss the variety of options available that can help you upgrade your PostgreSQL servers in the best possible way.
This talk includes:
1. The most significant performance improvements in recent PostgreSQL versions including PostgreSQL 11 and 10.
2. A summary of features that have been implemented with every new version since PostgreSQL 9.1.
3. What is it that you need to consider before upgrading your PostgreSQL server.
4. What are the options you have available to help you upgrade your PostgreSQL server.
5. What are the solutions available to minimize the downtime during upgrades.
6. A list of parameters you need to consider in particular when upgrading PostgreSQL to 10 or 11.
PostgreSQL High-Performance Tuning and Optimization
Why PostgreSQL Is Becoming A Migration Target For Enterprise
SQL Row Store vs Data Warehouse: Which Is Right for Your Application? - Robert Hodges - PLO October 2020
Introducing Kunlun Distributed Database Cluster - David Zhao Wei - Percona Live ONLINE 2020
pg_stat_monitor: A cool extension for better monitoring using PMM - Percona Live Online 2020
PostgreSQL WAL and Commit Synchronization, Optimization Opportunities - Jobin Augustine - PLO October 2020