Last year Jeremy Cole presented a prequel of this talk MySQL on GoogleCloud: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. This year let’s take a look at how Shopify matured at living in the Cloud with some war and peace stories. We will present an in-depth look at our experience so far in the cloud: how it was rewarding many times, but also challenging some others.
- Retrospective of the past year for MySQL at Shopify in Google Cloud
- Most demanding holiday season ever
- MySQL Infrastructure improvements, namely Snapshots based backups and restore
- Various small scale failures in the cloud, namely regional outage, stockouts, PD issues
- Resiliency by building against the cloud