Galera 3 from Codership includes many new features designed to work with MySQL 5.6 and, in Percona XtraDB Cluster's (PXC) case, Percona Server 5.6. Percona Principal Consultant Jay Janssen will cover the changes you can expect to see in Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6, including Galera features, 5.6 Galera enhancements, and general 5.6 features that play nicely with PXC.
Topics to be covered include:
- Galera 3 replication enhancements
- WAN segments
- Cluster integration with 5.6 Async replication GTIDs
- Async to cluster inbound replication enhancements
- Minimal replication images
- Detecting Donor IST viability
About the Author
Jay JanssenJay came to Percona in 2011 after working 7 years for Yahoo working in a variety of fields including High Availability architectures, MySQL training, tool building, global server load balancing, multi-datacenter environments, operationalization, and monitoring. Jay holds a B.S. of Computer Science from Rochester Institute of Technology. He and his wife live with their four children in upstate New York.
How Percona Can Help
If you are interested in upgrading to Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6, Percona Consulting can help you:
- Evaluate your current environmental readiness for Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6
- Plan and architect your high availability solution
- Upgrade your current system to Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6
- Help you achieve the maximum possible up-time
- Help benchmark and test your applications against Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6
- Provide custom training based on your organization's needs
Please contact us to discuss your unique situation and how we can help you.