To Shard or Not to Shard? That is the Question!
MySQL sharding is one of the most used and surely the most abused MySQL scaling technology. In this Webinar, we'll look into the world of sharding and answer the questions:
- Is sharding right for your application or should you use other scaling technologies?
- If you're sharding, what things do you need to consider and which questions do you need to have answered?
- What kind of specific technologies can assist you with sharding?
About the Author
Peter Zaitsev co-founded Percona and assumed the role of CEO in 2006. As one of the foremost experts on MySQL strategy and optimization, Peter leveraged both his technical vision and entrepreneurial skills to grow Percona from a two-person shop to one of the most respected open source companies in the business. With over 140 professionals in 30 plus countries, Peter’s venture now serves over 3000 customers – including the “who’s who” of internet giants, large enterprises and many exciting startups. Percona was named to the Inc. 5000 in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Peter was an early employee at MySQL AB, eventually leading the company’s High Performance Group. A serial entrepreneur, Peter co-founded his first startup while attending Moscow State University where he majored in Computer Science. Peter is a co-author of High Performance MySQL: Optimization, Backups, and Replication, one of the most popular books on MySQL performance. Peter frequently speaks as an expert lecturer at MySQL and related conferences, and regularly posts on the Percona Database Performance Blog. He has also been tapped as a contributor to Fortune and DZone, and his recent ebook Practical MySQL Performance Optimization Volume 1 is one of percona.com’s most popular downloads. Peter lives in North Carolina with his wife and two children. In his spare time, Peter enjoys travel and spending time outdoors.
How Percona Can Help
- Percona Consulting can help you with:
- Architecture and design to help you identify if you need to be thinking about sharding now, or if your scalability needs can be satisfied without needing to shard
- Sharding setup and implementation
- Development of an operations run book
- High availability and sharding integration
- Percona Managed Services can help you take complete, 24/7 care of your sharded environment.
- Percona Support can help you with your specific sharding questions.
If you would like to talk to Percona about how we might help you with your sharding challenges, please call or have us contact you.