Migrating to Percona XtraDB Cluster
A lot of people are interested in Percona XtraDB Cluster (PXC) as a replacement for conventional MySQL® master/slave architectures to eliminate replication lag and achieve a highly-available masterless cluster of MySQL servers. But what would a migration look like?
This webinar will go over a high-level overview of PXC, as well as operational concerns, possible migration paths, key configuration tuning variables, and generally everything you'll need to migrate from an existing Master/Slave environment to PXC. This talk will primarily be an operational discussion; it will not cover in-depth details on how the cluster works.
We will cover such questions as:
- What are the requirements for running PXC?
- Will I have to reload all my tables?
- How does configuration for the cluster differ from configuring a stand-alone InnoDB server?
- How should my application interact with the Cluster?
- Can I use PXC if I only have two MySQL servers currently?
- How can I move to the Cluster and keep downtime to a minimum?
- How can I migrate to PXC gradually?
This webinar was originally given in June of 2012, but has been updated for 2014 and Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6.
WHEN: Wednesday, September 10, 2014
PRESENTER: Jay Janssen, Managing Consultant
Slides: Download Here