Percona Makes Inc. 5000 List for Second Year in a Row
DURHAM, North Carolina – Oct. 2, 2014 – Percona, the company that makes MySQL faster and more reliable, today announced it has earned two distinguished industry honors. The company was named to the 2014 Inc. 5000 list for the second year in a row. Percona also won two American Business Silver Stevie Awards, one for Company of the Year, the other for New Product or Service of the Year. Percona was also named a finalist for a 2014 Stratus Award. These honors reflect continuing industry and market momentum for Percona, an eight-year-old company serving more than 2,000 customers with breakthrough MySQL-related software and services that help companies compete more effectively in today’s data-driven world.
- The Inc. 5000 listing was the second in a row for Percona, which grew 181 percent over the last three years, a 41% CAGR.
- The 2014 Inc. 5000 assessed revenue growth from 2010 through 2013 for U.S.-based companies that were privately held, for profit, and independent as of December 31, 2013.
- Percona won a Silver American Business Stevie Award in the “Company of the Year, Computer Software, Up to 250 Employees” category.
- Percona won a second Silver Stevie for Percona Server 5.6 in the “New Product or Service of the Year - Software – Other” category.
- More than 3,300 entries were submitted to The 2014 American Business Stevie Awards and more than 240 executives nationwide participated in judging to determine this year’s Gold, Silver and Bronze Stevie Award winners.
- Percona was a finalist for the inaugural Stratus Awards for Percona XtraDB Cluster.
- The Stratus Awards recognize companies for their use of the cloud and for accelerating the adoption of cloud-based services for consumers and businesses.
Peter Zaitsev, Co-founder and CEO of Percona
“Our ability to garner industry accolades year after year, including a second Inc. 5000 listing in a row, is a direct reflection of our commitment to helping our customers make the most of their data. We could not sustain our phenomenal growth or continue to deliver innovation after innovation without our dedicated customers, and we look forward to continuing to help them reliably and cost-effectively scale their MySQL and related database infrastructures.”
(888) 401-3401 Ext. 555
Percona has made MySQL faster and more reliable for over 2,000 consulting and support customers worldwide since 2006. Percona provides enterprise-grade MySQL support, Consulting, Managed Services, and Training services to companies such as Cisco Systems, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC. Percona's founders authored the definitive book High Performance MySQL from O'Reilly Press and the widely read MySQL Performance Blog. Percona also develops software for MySQL users, including Percona Server, Percona XtraBackup, Percona XtraDB Cluster, and Percona Toolkit. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
# # #
Percona® and XtraBackup® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC or its subsidiaries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.