Percona Live: San Francisco Feb 16th
Presented by Percona, Live is a one day conference that takes a look at the new options that are available beyond MySQL 5.1. MySQL 5.5 has now officially been released as stable; Percona Server offers a range of performance and diagnostic enhancements, and MariaDB is adding more features with the help of the community.
How will these new releases benefit you, and what does the upgrade process look like? We invite you to join us on 16th February to find out more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you cater lunch?
No.Yes! Thank you to New Relic for providing lunch for attendees.
- Should I bring my laptop?
- We have organized for wifi to be available for attendees. We warn however that wifi at conferences never works as expected. Speakers will not be asking you to do any activities that require a laptop, so if you are required to stay within connectivity we recommend organizing your own backup (3G tethering, etc.)
- Are name substitutions possible?
- Yes. If you have a substitution, please contact us as soon as possible so we can issue a new ticket. For substitutions as the last minute, just make sure that you print out and bring the original ticket. We will not refuse attendance provided every delegate has their own ticket.
- I'm an existing Percona customer, can I have a discount?
- Short answer: possibly. We'd love to see you come attend. Please contact our sales team - where your account manager will reply back to you in more detail.
- Will the speakers provide their slide deck?
- Yes. After the conference we will publish all speaker slides to the presentations section of our website.
- Do you offer a student discount?
- No. We've worked as hard as we can to keep the cost of this event as low as possible. We are sorry - but we are not able to offer student discounts.
- I have a question or a complaint, where can I direct it to?
- Please direct any complaints to Morgan Tocker directly on +1 888 401 3401 ext 513 (EST) / morgan[at]percona.com.
- We take all complaints seriously - and are dedicated to providing a harassment free, safe conference experience for everyone.
- What steps can I take to prepare myself for this event?
- If you have been using MySQL for a couple of years, you've already taken most the steps necessary.
- However, we do warn that there will be some very technical talks that attendees with more of a developer background may struggle with. Usually this involves terminology and how we assume existing knowledge about hardware and operating systems.
- I can't make this event - where can I find more detail?
- Our slides will be published after the event - so you can always go back and inspect in more detail.
- If you want to have us come to your location, and talk to you about moving "beyond MySQL 5.1", please check out our consulting and onsite training services.