Percona XtraDB Cluster / Galera in Practice (Part 2)
This is a full day tutorial
This tutorial will utilize laptop-based VMs to guide attendees through the basics of setup and administration of XtraDB cluster. Covered topics will be:
- Migration from standard mysql to xtradb cluster
- Configuration differences between standard mysql and xtradb cluster
- Monitoring cluster node states
- Adding nodes to the cluster and various SST methods
- Setting up load balancing for Xtradb cluster
- Cluster maintenance
- Examples of the types of locking different clients can expect to see in Xtradb cluster if writing to multiple nodes.
This talk will require attendees have a reasonably powerful laptop and Virtualbox installed.