Databases play a key part of business infrastructure. To ensure you are prepared in case of a disaster, it is crucial to make sure your database and data are always available.
In this talk, DBA's and sysadmins will get exposed to the different types of backups.
- When a physical vs. logical backup is more appropriate
- How to make complete, partial and incremental backups and how to restore a single table from a physical backup
- Where backups should be stored
- How important it is to test the restoration of a backup
- How to include point-in-time-recovery on backup routines
- How to encrypt backups and why
- Which tools and techniques can be used to ensure the actual backup has consistent data
.IE (IEDR - Ireland's CCTLD) will share how they implement the topics above on their backup life-cycle.
By the end of this talk, the audience will have a clear picture of the key points of an actual backup.
Marcelo Altmann has joined Percona as a member of Support Team late in 2016. Prior to joining Percona , he worked as a MySQL DBA at Ireland's CCTLD, and worked as a DBA/PHP developer in Brazil. He holds a degree in Systems for Internet.
Mick Begley joined the IE Domain Registry in late 2012 as Technical Services Manager. An experienced ITIL qualified service manager with project management, customer service, finance management skills, Mick is approaching 20 years in IT having worked with IBM, HP, Microsoft, First Derivatives plc and the Bank of Ireland. Since joining the IEDR Mick has introduced an ISO27001 ISMS framework and a new SDLC to streamline software releases. He studied Computer Programming in Carlow Institute of Technology and is currently completing an IT and Psychology degree at the Open University.