Percona is pleased to announce the release of Percona Distribution for MySQL. Following our recent releases of Percona Distribution for MongoDB and Percona Distribution for PostgreSQL, we have assembled the best and most critical enterprise components for MySQL, designed and tested to work together. This distribution delivers the key components you need to implement any MySQL environment, from a single server through to primary/secondary, group replication enabled, and full high availability.
When you download and deploy Percona Distribution for MySQL, you get a solution that helps you to:
- Improve data stability and availability with an enterprise hardened MySQL distribution that minimizes unexpected downtime and prevents data loss.
- Increase scalability and performance with a suite of tools to optimize, monitor, and maintain your MySQL environment.
- Lower overall costs with open-source components that deliver the features you need without tying you to a specific vendor or license.
When designing the distribution, we focused on choosing software and tools that provide different deployment options, while ensuring they could also stand up to enterprise demands.
Percona Distribution for MySQL includes:
- Percona Server for MySQL, for when you need a single instance, primary/secondary, or group replication enabled environment.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster, for when you need a full high availability clustered environment.
- Percona XtraBackup, to deliver online non-blocking, tightly compressed, highly secure full backups.
- Percona Toolkit, a collection of advanced open-source command-line tools, to perform a variety of MySQL server and system tasks that are difficult or complex to perform manually.
- ProxySQL, a high performance, high availability, protocol aware proxy for MySQL.
- Orchestrator, a MySQL replication management tool.
- HAProxy, an open-source product that provides a high availability load balancer and proxy server.
- MySQL Shell, an advanced client and code editor for MySQL.
- MySQL Router, a lightweight middleware that provides transparent routing between your application and backend MySQL servers.
If you are tired of trying to figure out which of the thousands of open-source MySQL community tools and software you need for your MySQL environment, look no further than the Percona Distribution for MySQL.
Percona is an unbiased open source database expert. We provide software, support, training, managed services, and consulting services to help you maximize your database performance, whether you are running MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, or PostgreSQL.