Percona Monitoring and Management 1.5.0 Is Now AvailableBorys Belinsky
Percona announces the release of Percona Monitoring and Management 1.5.0 on November 28, 2017.
This release focuses on the following features:
- Enhanced support for MySQL on Amazon RDS and Amazon Aurora – Dedicated Amazon Aurora dashboard offers maximum visibility into key database characteristics, eliminating the need for additional monitoring nodes. We renamed Amazon RDS OS Metrics to Amazon RDS / Aurora MySQL Metrics
- Simpler configuration – Percona Monitoring and Management now offers easier configuration of key Amazon RDS and Amazon Aurora settings via a web interface
- One-click data collection – One button retrieves vital information on server performance to assist with troubleshooting
- Improved interface – A simple, consistent user interface makes it faster and more fluid to switch between Query Analytics and Metrics Monitor
Highlights from our new Amazon RDS / Aurora MySQL Metrics dashboard:
Shared elements for Amazon Aurora MySQL and RDS MySQL
Amazon Aurora MySQL unique elements
Amazon RDS for MySQL unique elements
We’ve integrated Query Analytics into Metrics Monitor, and it appears as a separate dashboard known as PMM Query Analytics.
We have upgraded Grafana and Prometheus in this release. PMM now includes Grafana 4.6.1. One of the most prominent features that the upgraded Grafana offers is the support of annotations. You can mark a point or select a region in a graph and give it a meaningful description. For more information, see the release highlights.
Prometheus version 1.8.2, shipped with this release, offers a number of bug fixes. For more information, see the Prometheus change log.
- PMM-434: PMM enables monitoring of Amazon RDS and Amazon Aurora metrics
- PMM-1133: Query Analytics is available from Grafana as a dashboard
- PMM-1470: Integrated Cloudwatch metrics into Prometheus
- PMM-699: Combined AWS RDS and Amazon Aurora metrics into one dashboard
- PMM-722: Distributed the MariaDB dashboard graph elements among other existing dashboards and removed the MariaDB dashboard. Further, we renamed the MyISAM dashboard to MyISAM/Aria Metrics
- PMM-1258: The
DISABLE_UPDATESoption enables preventing manual updates when PMM Server is run from a Docker container.
- PMM-1500: Added InnoDB Buffer Disk Reads to graph InnoDB Buffer Pool Requests to better understand missed InnoDB BP cache hits
- PMM-1577: Updated Prometheus to version 1.8.2
- PMM-1603: Updated Grafana to version 4.6.1
- PMM-1669: The representation of numeric values in the Context Switches graph in the System Overview dashboard was changed to improve readability.
- PMM-1575: Templating rules were improved for the MyRocks and TokuDB dashboards so that only those instances with these storage engines are displayed
- PMM-1082: The CPU Usage graph on the Trends dashboard showed incorrect spikes
- PMM-1549: The authentication of the mongodb:queries monitoring service did not work properly when the name of the database to authenticate was not provided.
- PMM-1673: Fixed display issue with Microsoft Internet Explorer 11