Percona Server for MongoDB 3.4 Product Bundle Release is a Valentine to the Open Source CommunityDave Avery
Percona today announced a Percona Server for MongoDB 3.4 solution bundle of updated products. This release enables any organization to create a robust, secure database environment that can be adapted to changing business requirements.
Percona Server for MongoDB 3.4, Percona Monitoring and Management 1.1, and Percona Toolkit 3.0 offer more features and benefits, with enhancements for both MongoDB® and MySQL® database environments. When these Percona products are used together, organizations gain all the cost and agility benefits provided by free, proven open source software that delivers all the latest MongoDB Community Edition 3.4 features, additional Enterprise features, and a greater choice of storage engines. Along with improved insight into the database environment, the solution provides enhanced control options for optimizing a wider range of database workloads with greater reliability and security.
The solution will be generally available the week of Feb. 20.
New Features and Benefits Summary
Percona Server for MongoDB 3.4
- All the features of MongoDB Community Edition 3.4, which provides an open source, fully compatible, drop-in replacement
- Integrated, pluggable authentication with LDAP to provide a centralized enterprise authentication service
- Open-source auditing for visibility into user and process actions in the database, with the ability to redact sensitive information (such as usernames and IP addresses) from log files
- Hot backups for the WiredTiger engine protect against data loss in the case of a crash or disaster, without impacting performance
- Two storage engine options not supported by MongoDB Community Edition 3.4:
Percona Monitoring and Management 1.1
- Support for MongoDB and Percona Server for MongoDB
- Graphical dashboard information for WiredTiger, MongoRocks and Percona Memory Engine
Percona Toolkit 3.0
- Two new tools for MongoDB:
- pt-mongodb-summary (the equivalent of pt-mysql-summary) provides a quick, at-a-glance overview of a MongoDB and Percona Server for MongoDB instance.
- pt-mongodb-query-digest (the equivalent of pt-query-digest for MySQL) offers a query review for troubleshooting.
For more information, see Percona’s press release.