Percona Enjoys Continued Explosive Growth While Delivering Premier Offerings, Industry's Top Conferences, and New Sales and Technology Partnerships
PLEASANTON, California – January 29, 2013 – Percona, the company that makes MySQL faster and more reliable, today highlighted its continued MySQL industry leadership throughout 2012, as its worldwide customer base grew to over 1,800. The company, which released major updates across its product portfolio during the year, also continued to deliver on its commitment to MySQL development and education via highly acclaimed Percona Live Conferences in Santa Clara, New York and London. During 2012, Percona also signed a number of high-profile customers and established new sales and technology partnerships to improve the customer experience.
- Percona’s customer base now stands at more than 1,800, including hundreds of high-profile MySQL users.
- Percona has grown to nearly 90 staff members located around the world.
- Percona MySQL Support experienced explosive sales growth with over a 200% increase in customers and nearly 3.5 times higher bookings in 2012 than in 2011.
- The first annual Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo in Santa Clara, attended by more than 1,000 people, was hailed as a huge success, and the company’s education-focused regional Percona Live Conferences in New York and London were met with equal enthusiasm. The company also recently announced speakers for Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2013, including representatives from 451 Research, Facebook, Google, HP and Tumblr. The expanded 2013 conference will feature four days of sessions and tutorials, and is scheduled for April 22-25, 2013 at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center.
- Percona Server downloads since the project’s initial release now total over 500,000.
- Percona updated Percona Server, releasing version 5.5.27-28.0 of the company’s popular enhanced drop-in replacement for MySQL. Leading hosting companies such as Blue Host, Crucial Web Hosting, FirstServer, HP, Joyent, RackSpace and SpeedySparrow offer hosted Percona Server to their customers.
- Percona introduced Percona XtraDB Cluster, a new approach to high availability MySQL. A breakthrough MySQL technology, Percona XtraDB Cluster is a unique, free, open source MySQL solution that uses the Codership Galera replication library—providing high performance, synchronous, multi-master replication—to guarantee data consistency.
- Percona released Percona XtraBackup 2.0, the latest release of the company’s open source hot backup solution for MySQL and Percona Server. The new version offers parallel compression and streaming incremental backups to increase backup performance.
- Percona announced the availability of Percona Toolkit 2.1, the latest release of the company’s open source administration tools for MySQL and Percona Server.
- Percona partnered with New Relic to include the cloud application performance management provider’s SaaS-based application monitoring tool with Percona Gold and Platinum Support contracts in order to provide customers with 24x7 app performance data, deep insight into how the application is using MySQL, proactive notifications and code-level visibility.
- Zend Technologies Ltd. selected Percona to maintain and support Zend DBi, the drop-in replacement for MySQL on the IBM i platform. The move ensures that companies that have standardized on IBM i can make a seamless transition to a feature-rich, fully supported, and open source alternative MySQL solution.
Peter Zaitsev, Co-founder and CEO for Percona
“Percona’s continued growth is a direct reflection of our success at providing premier MySQL services, robust and reliable open source software, and highly engaging industry conferences. We are driven by a passion for MySQL and open source, a desire to provide developers and database professionals with superior solutions, and a commitment to promoting education and collegiality in our industry. I’m extremely proud of the Percona team and believe that 2013 will be an even better year.”
(888) 401-3401 Ext. 555
About Percona LLC
Percona LLC has made MySQL faster and more reliable for over 1,800 consulting and support customers worldwide since 2006. Percona provides enterprise-grade MySQL Support, Consulting, Training, Remote DBA, and Server Development services to companies such as Cisco Systems, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC. Percona's founders authored the definitive book High Performance MySQL from O'Reilly Press and the widely read MySQL Performance Blog. Percona also develops software for MySQL users, including Percona Server, Percona XtraBackup, Percona XtraDB Cluster, and Percona Toolkit. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
# # #
Percona® and XtraBackup® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.