Percona continues tradition of offering open source enterprise options and greater value to users and customers
DURHAM, North Carolina – April 19, 2016 – Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL® and MongoDB® solutions and services, today announced Percona Server for MongoDB 3.2, the latest release of the company’s enhanced, open source, fully compatible drop-in replacement for MongoDB Community Edition. Released approximately one year after Percona’s acquisition of Tokutek and six months after the initial release of Percona Server for MongoDB, the latest version keeps pace with the development of MongoDB while continuing to provide more features, enhanced capabilities and lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
Percona Server for MongoDB has been downloaded by over 30,000 users since its initial launch. Trusted by more than 3,000 companies, with industry-leading renewal rates of more than 90 percent, as a one-stop shop for the open source database ecosystem, Percona Support and Remote DBA services offer organizations a cost-effective way to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies by gaining immediate access to the most trusted team of open source database experts in the business.
Completely open source and free to download and use, Percona Server for MongoDB offers all the features of MongoDB 3.2 Community Edition, along with two additional storage engines – PerconaFT and Facebook’s MongoRocks – and enterprise-grade functionality, including Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) and advanced auditing. These additional capabilities provide enterprises with far greater flexibility for managing their database infrastructures.
- As an enhanced drop-in replacement for MongoDB 3.2, Percona Server for MongoDB includes all the features and benefits of MongoDB 3.2 Community Edition.
- Percona Server for MongoDB includes the storage engines distributed with MongoDB – MMAP v1 and WiredTiger – as well as two storage engine options not supported by MongoDB: PerconaFT and Facebook’s MongoRocks.
- Percona Server for MongoDB also includes:
- Full online backup support of PerconaFT and MongoRocks, helping administrators better manage their deployments.
- An SASL Authentication plugin, a feature found only in MongoDB Advanced Enterprise Edition. The plug-in enables authentication through OpenLDAP or Active Directory.
- o An audit plugin, another feature found only in MongoDB Advanced Enterprise Edition. The plug-in delivers security and compliance benefits to organizations by providing the ability to track and query the database interactions of users or applications, a critical feature for the compliance requirements of SOX, HIPAA, and SEC 17a.
- Only Percona offers 24x7x365 live support for these enhanced features.
- Percona offers Remote DBA for MongoDB, providing architecture and design advice, project assistance and outsourcing, database tuning and performance optimization, and 24x7 monitoring and alert response tailored to a customer’s specific environment.
- Percona Server for MongoDB is 100 percent open source and free to download and use, enabling organizations to avoid vendor lock-in through open source enterprise extensions. This non-proprietary technology and open distribution model is based on the same open source license used for MongoDB 3.2 Community Edition.
Percona Server for MongoDB 3.2 will be available in May of 2016. A release candidate is available now and can be downloaded from the Percona website.
Abdel Aboufariss, Senior Database Administrator at ShopperTrak
“Since the data we collect and analyze translates directly into business gains for our clients, our MongoDB databases must be secure, safe, and readily available at all times. When we upgrade to MongoDB 3.2, we can’t have unknown or unexpected issues derail us in any way. Percona’s outstanding support makes an Oracle user like myself feel as though I’ve worked with MongoDB for years. With Percona’s support I was able to deploy and upgrade our MongoDB system to AWS Cloud successfully, and they explained their actions and the ins-and-outs of MongoDB so that I can continue to effectively maintain ShopperTrak’s database environment.”
Vadim Tkachenko, Co-founder and CTO of Percona
“With the second release of Percona Server for MongoDB, we have continued to provide the MongoDB community with an enhanced drop-in alternative that includes all the latest MongoDB features, is free to download and use, and delivers more capabilities and lower TCO – making it easier and less expensive for companies to reach their business goals.”
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® and MongoDB® across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to some of the largest and most well-known brands on the Internet such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC, as well as to many smaller companies looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Performance Blog. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona®, XtraBackup®, TokuDB® and Fractal Tree® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC or its subsidiaries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.