Enhanced, fully compatible drop-in replacement for MongoDB Community Edition Offers More Features and Lower Total Cost of Ownership
DURHAM, North Carolina – Sept. 21, 2015 – Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL® and MongoDB® solutions and services, today announced Percona Server for MongoDB, an enhanced, open source, fully compatible drop-in replacement for MongoDB Community Edition that provides additional enterprise features and lower total cost of ownership.
Completely open source and free to download and use, Percona Server for MongoDB offers all the features of MongoDB 3.0 Community Edition, along with two additional storage engine options – PerconaFT and Facebook’s RocksDB – and enterprise-grade functionality, including Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) and advanced auditing.
- As an enhanced drop-in replacement for MongoDB 3.0, Percona Server for MongoDB includes all the features and benefits of MongoDB 3.0 Community Edition.
- Percona Server for MongoDB includes the storage engines distributed with MongoDB, MMAP v1 and WiredTiger, as well as two storage engine options not supported by MongoDB: PerconaFT and Facebook’s RocksDB.
- Percona Server for MongoDB includes Percona TokuBackup and supports full online backups of PerconaFT, helping administrators better manage their deployments.
- Percona Server for MongoDB includes a SASL Authentication plugin, a feature found only in MongoDB Advanced Enterprise Edition. The plug-in enables authentication through OpenLDAP or Active Directory.
- Percona Server for MongoDB also includes an audit plugin, another feature found only in MongoDB Advanced Enterprise Edition. The plug-in delivers security and compliance benefits to organizations by providing the ability to track and query the database interactions of users or applications, a critical feature for the compliance requirements of SOX, HIPAA, and SEC 17a.
- Only Percona offers 24x7x365 live support for these enhanced features.
- Percona Server for MongoDB is 100 percent open source and free to download and use, enabling organizations to avoid vendor lock-in through open source enterprise extensions. This non-proprietary technology and open distribution model is based on the same open source license used for MongoDB 3.0 Community Edition.
- Download Percona Server for MongoDB at www.percona.com.
Charity Majors, Production Engineering Manager, Facebook
“It’s fantastic that a company with the expertise and reputation of Percona is offering enterprise-level support for RocksDB. RocksDB is perfect for a range of applications requiring low latency database accesses, and an affordable support offering from Percona will make it a practical option for more organizations.”
Peter Zaitsev, Co-founder and CEO of Percona
“With Percona Server for MongoDB, we have done the same thing for the MongoDB community that we did for the MySQL community, make it easier and more cost effective for organizations to reach their business goals through an enhanced drop-in replacement that is free to download and use and that delivers better performance and lower TCO. Percona also provides access to the best and most cost-effective source of enterprise-level support for MongoDB and Percona Server for MongoDB.”
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL and MongoDB across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to some of the largest and most well-known brands on the Internet such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC, as well as to many smaller companies looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Data Performance Blog. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona®, XtraBackup®, TokuDB® and Fractal Tree® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC or its subsidiaries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.