With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® and MongoDB® across traditional and cloud-based platforms. Percona provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world.
Discover what it means to work with the smartest people in the industry, solving the most challenging problems our customers can throw at you. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries and a great experience of working on a multinational team of experts.
The Vice President of Engineering will own Engineering at Percona. The primary function is to produce the products as defined by Product Management on time, with high quality, and on budget - all while supporting customers and the global community through the maintenance of released software.
- Proven track record/success of delivering Enterprise Software.
- Motivated, positive and highly engaged hands on leader.
- Ability to operate and deliver results on time and on budget mode.
- Experience and ability to thrive in smaller startup like companies.
- Five + years of experience developing both shipped and hosted software development.
- Solid understanding of Web Development and Server Side Development (Database System, Daemons, Kernel level etc).
- Familiarity with modern development approaches including three + years experience utilizing the Agile development methodology.
- Must be able to effectively estimate development efforts.
- Demonstrated experience managing with fiscal discipline.
- A proven track record building and retaining a productive development team.
- Experience working in distributed environment.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Three + years experience with Open Source software, software development, infrastructure software and SaaS Software.
- Proven ability to partner with key customers, business and product management stakeholders and present in business terminology.
- Computer Science or related degree preferred.
Location: Remote work from home position. Open to worldwide candidates.
HQ is in Raleigh, NC. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.