With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® and MongoDB® across traditional and cloud-based platforms. Percona provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world.
Discover what it means to work with the smartest people in the industry, solving the most challenging problems our customers can throw at you. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries and a great experience of working on a multinational team of experts.
Love open source software? Like working with the top experts and companies in the industry? Want to work remotely and travel periodically? The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is the principal contact at Percona for our premium customers. As a TAM, you will work with a set number of Percona’s clients. You will develop the client relationship through face to face visits and remote interaction with their teams. You will learn about your clients’ environments, from the high level architecture down to the operational nuance. This allows you to offer proactive advice, drive projects, and become the primary advocate for the client.
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) thrives on Customer Success. As a TAM, you will be the primary advocate for a set number of Percona’s premium clients. You develop the client relationship by knowing the client’s environment inside and out so you can anticipate needs and proactively offer advice. Travel is required as part of the relationship building process. You will scope the technical work that is required to ensure the best possible solution is delivered to the customer given the customer’s unique set of circumstances. Additionally, you will assist in troubleshooting and making sure issues of any complexity at the customer are getting resolved in a timely manner.
You will have the opportunity to talk to and work with everyone from engineers to CEO’s. You will be working a mix of remote and onsite and have the opportunity to work with a large number and variety of Tech companies.
You will work remotely, there is no central office, and most people work from their homes. Travel will be required, both for onsite projects and internal meetings. Access to a reliable high-speed Internet connection is required. This position is for the United States or Central/South America based candidate willing to travel up to 25%, and the TAM must be able to work full-time during US business hours.
The Percona Services group is responsible for the operational and technical delivery of the services included in the Percona products/services line. The Services group is focused on a high quality, efficient delivery of Percona services that results in high levels of customer satisfaction and retention and low operational costs.
What will you do?
As a TAM, you will work directly with our clients on a daily basis, helping them overcome a wide array of challenges and being their main advocate within Percona. You will provide your expertise and oversight to six to ten clients, helping them design and build scalable and robust backend infrastructure that will support their needs. The role of Technical Account Manager will require you to wear different hats: sometimes you will be a DBA, sometimes a sysadmin, other times a devops engineer or systems architect.
As part of your job, you will continually strive to find better solutions to problems while keeping your focus on the client's success.
You will also be building strong relationships internally with other technical teams that will be servicing our clients as part of our Percona Care offerings. Percona is made up of several tight customer focused groups, making a customer happy is a team effort, you will need to work together closely with all internal teams to make this happen.
What are we looking for?
- Superior customer service skills and desire to ensure our customers’ success
- Someone who is familiar with the Open Source community, core values, mindset and culture
- Someone familiar with managing and designing Open Source based infrastructures
- The ability project manage both internally and externally
- The ability to talk to a customer, envision their problem, and white board solutions
- The ability and desire to figure out how to implement true highly available systems, not just at the database level, but throughout the entire stack
- The passion to see a problem, build a battle plan, and attack the problem
- More than a desire to learn, a thirst and a yearning for learning new ways of doing things. We love people who can think both in and out of the box.
- Someone who not only knows a wide variety of technology, but the wisdom to know when to use it and why
- Someone who can talk low-level technical details or high level strategy depending on the situation.
- Someone who wants to be challenged, and is uncomfortable by the thought of not moving ahead
- Someone who is comfortable mentoring and passing on their skills.
Some of the skills/Technologies we are interested in:
Open Source Database experience:
- MySQL, Percona Server, MariaDB (++)
- MongoDB (++)
- Other NoSQL / BigData solutions
Full Stack experience:
- OS Tuning / troubleshooting
- Multi DataCenter
- Cloud Computing (Amazon, Google, private cloud)
Application development / tuning:
- Schema design
- Writing / tuning queries
Location/Time zone: United States or Central/South America based willing to travel.
Travel per year: Willing to travel up to 25% of the time to visit customers onsite. 1 team meeting, usually 1 conference, more if desired