Enterprises enjoy the flexibility and simplified operations of using the cloud, but applying those advantages to database workloads has proven challenging. Resource contention, cross-region failover, and elasticity at the data tier all introduce limitations. In addition, each cloud provider supports different services within their database offerings.
Please join Jon Tobin, Director of Solution Engineering at Percona, and Rob Masson, Solutions Architect Manager at ScaleArc, for a discussion about how to overcome these and other challenges. You’ll learn:
· The differences between IaaS and PaaS
· How AWS, Azure, and Google cloud stack up
· Tricks for managing smaller database instances
· Tips for achieving cross-region failover
· Best practices for hybrid deployments
For general inquiries, please send us your question and someone will contact you.