Operational DBA in a Nutshell
Do you want to get more familiar with how to become a MySQL DBA? Are you a developer familiar with writing applications that use MySQL, but feel a bit limited on how to manage a MySQL database?
This full-day tutorial will be mainly hands-on. We'll show some slides on each of the various topics presented, but the goal is to have YOU the student work in a MySQL environment as much as possible.
What will we cover? Almost every aspect of being a MySQL DBA,on MySQL 5.7:
- We will install MySQL and configure the right privileges for your system
- Once we have a database running, we will get a better understanding of what our database is doing and look at the different possible diagnostics and monitoring options in MySQL using PMM and other tools.
- We will troubleshoot issues
- We will discuss and try some of the different backup options, since not losing any data is an important goal for a MySQL DBA
- We will clarify and troubleshoot replication
This is the first part of a full day's tutorial. The second part is in the afternoon.