This is a hands-on tutorial covers how to set up monitoring for MySQL, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL database servers using the Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM) platform.
PMM is an open-source collection of tools for managing and monitoring MySQL, MongoDB, and PosgreSQL performance. It provides thorough time-based analysis for database servers to ensure that they work as efficiently as possible.
You will learn about:
- MySQL, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL monitoring best practices
- Metrics and time series
- Data collection, management and visualization tools
- Monitoring deployment
- How to use graphs to spot performance issues
- Query analytics for MySQL and MongoDB
- Alerting using Grafana
- Trending and capacity planning
- How to monitor HA
Please bring a laptop with an ssh client as you will be connecting to a Cloud-provisioned instance on which you will deploy PMM.