Redundancy and high availability are the basis for all production deployments. With MongoDB this can be achieved by deploying a replica set. In this talk, we'll explore how MongoDB replication works and what the components are of a replica set. Using examples of wrong deployment configurations, we will highlight how to properly run replica sets in production, whether it comes to on-premise deployment or in the cloud.
- How MongoDB replication works
- Replica sets components/deployment typologies
- Practices for wrong deployment configuration
- Hidden nodes, Arbiter nodes, Priority 0 nodes
- Availability zones and HA in a single region
- Monitoring replica sets status