MySQL 5.6: What's New in InnoDB
The MySQL/InnoDB 5.6 release has many significant improvements and features. With the 5.6 release MySQL/InnoDB:
- Scales to new levels for both read only and read write loads.
- Supports online DDL operations, enabling developers to dynamically evolve their schemas by adding and dropping columns, without having to take their databases offline.
- Supports full text search indexes.
- Improves the adaptive flushing algorithm.
- Supports multiple UNDO tablespaces.
- Supports Export and Import of tablespaces between server instances.
- Improves support for systems equipped with fast SSD storage • Supports high performance NoSQL direct data access through the Memcached API
In this session users will get the opportunity to learn about the exciting new features and how to use them effectively.