Galera Cluster Best Practices
Galera Cluster for MySQL is a revolutionary step forward in MySQL high-availability. It provides synchronous, multi-maste, active-active clustering for InnoDB. No longer do you have to make tradeoffs between data integrity/durability and failover time, nor do you have to accept a performance hit because you need high-availability.
In this session we learn:
- What is synchronous multi-master replication?
- Configuring and starting a Galera cluster.
- Automatic node provisioning and database state transfers.
- Migrating from existing MySQL installations.
Different HA use cases are covered:
- Synchronous master-slave replication
- Synchronous multi-master
- Split-brain and quorum
- Load balancing vs failover clustering
- Using Galera over WAN
- Using Galera in the cloud
...as well as some basic administrative tasks and tuning:
- Version upgrades
- Online schema upgrades
- Cluster-wide consistent reads
- Living with optimistic locking and deadlocks
- Multi-threaded slave