PostgreSQL performance varies between different releases. Every new version comes with added features and performance improvements that help the growing adoption of PostgreSQL. All these continuous These ongoing developments and improvements drive us to plan on upgrading our PostgreSQL environments, but that's not always an easy task. A few common concerns when it comes to upgrading PostgreSQL are extended downtime, converting the tables partitioned using triggers to declarative partitions, the search for the safest options to upgrade and the effort required in the upgrading process itself. In this talk we'll discuss the variety of options available that can help you upgrade your PostgreSQL servers in the best possible way.
This talk includes:
1. The most significant performance improvements in recent PostgreSQL versions including PostgreSQL 11 and 10.
2. A summary of features that have been implemented with every new version since PostgreSQL 9.1.
3. What is it that you need to consider before upgrading your PostgreSQL server.
4. What are the options you have available to help you upgrade your PostgreSQL server.
5. What are the solutions available to minimize the downtime during upgrades.
6. A list of parameters you need to consider in particular when upgrading PostgreSQL to 10 or 11.
* Avinash Vallarapu (Avi) is currently working for Percona as a PostgreSQL Support Tech Lead. Before joining Percona, he worked for OpenSCG for 2.2 years as a Database Architect and for Dell as a Tech Lead for 9.8 Years. He has a vast experience in technologies like Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL and MongoDB. He is an avid Python and Golang developer. He has co-authored a book on PostgreSQL : Beginning PostgreSQL on Cloud and another book on MySQL is in progress.
* He spoke at various PostgreSQL Conferences in the past including -
* PGCONF India - 2017 - Bengaluru, India.
* PGCON 2018 - Ottawa, Canada.
* Percona Live - PostgreSQL Track (2018) - Frankfurt, Germany.
* PGCONF India - 2019 - Bengaluru, India.
* His areas of expertise are PostgreSQL Training, Consulting and Migrations.