Redundancy and high availability are the basis for all production deployments. With MongoDB this can be achieved by deploying a replica set. In this talk, we'll explore how MongoDB replication works and what the components are of a replica set. Using examples of wrong deployment configurations, we will highlight how to properly run replica sets in production, whether it comes to on-premise deployment or in the cloud.
- How MongoDB replication works
- Replica sets components/deployment typologies
- Practices for wrong deployment configuration
- Hidden nodes, Arbiter nodes, Priority 0 nodes
- Availability zones and HA in a single region
- Monitoring replica sets status
MongoDB Certified DBA supporting the next-generation of database solutions in both MySQL and MongoDB. With a masters degree in Software Engineering, Igor enjoys the variety of challenges he faces while working at Pythian, rather than working on the same thing every day. When he's not working, he can be found biking.