We are glad to announce the 1.2.0 release of the Percona Kubernetes Operator for Percona XtraDB Cluster.
The Percona Kubernetes Operator for Percona XtraDB Cluster automates the lifecycle and provides a consistent Percona XtraDB Cluster instance. The Operator can be used to create a Percona XtraDB Cluster, or scale an existing Cluster, and contains the necessary Kubernetes settings.
The Operator simplifies the deployment and management of the Percona XtraDB Cluster in Kubernetes-based environments. It extends the Kubernetes API with a new custom resource for deploying, configuring and managing the application through the whole life cycle.
The Operator source code is available in our Github repository. All of Percona’s software is open-source and free.
New features and improvements
- A Service Broker was implemented for the Operator, allowing a user to deploy Percona XtraDB Cluster on the OpenShift Platform, configuring it with a standard GUI, following the Open Service Broker API.
- Now the Operator supports Percona Monitoring and Management 2, which means being able to detect and register to PMM Server of both 1.x and 2.0 versions.
- A NodeSelector constraint is now supported for the backups, which allows using backup storage accessible to a limited set of nodes only (contributed by Chen Min).
- The resource constraint values were refined for all containers to eliminate the possibility of an out of memory error.
- Now it is possible to set the schedulerName option in the operator parameters. This allows using storage which depends on a custom scheduler, or a cloud provider which optimizes scheduling to run workloads in a cost-effective way (contributed by Smaine Kahlouch).
- A bug was fixed, which made cluster status oscillate between “initializing” and “ready” after an update.
- A 90 second startup delay which took place on freshly deployed Percona XtraDB Cluster was eliminated.
Percona XtraDB Cluster is an open-source, cost-effective and robust clustering solution for businesses. It integrates Percona Server for MySQL with the Galera replication library to produce a highly-available and scalable MySQL® cluster complete with synchronous multi-master replication, zero data loss and automatic node provisioning using Percona XtraBackup.
Help us improve our software quality by reporting any bugs you encounter using our bug tracking system.