This is the technical documentation for the latest release: PMM 2.14.0
Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM) is a free, open-source database and system monitoring tool for MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and ProxySQL, and the servers they run on.
PMM helps you improve the performance of database instances, simplify their management, and strengthen their security. With it, you can:
- Visualize a wide range of out-of-the-box system performance metrics
- Collect and analyze data across complex multi-vendor system topologies
- Drill-down and discover the cause of inefficiencies
- Anticipate performance issues, troubleshoot existing ones
- Watch for potential security issues and remedy them
PMM is efficient, quick to set up and easy to use. It runs in cloud, on-prem, or across hybrid platforms. It is supported by Percona’s legendary expertise in open source databases, and by a vibrant developer and user community.
Try the online demo at pmmdemo.percona.com
PMM is a client/server application built by Percona with their own and third-party open-source tools. We provide packages for both PMM Server and PMM Client.
(See more in Architecture.)
PMM Server is the heart of PMM. It receives data from clients, collates it and stores it. Metrics are drawn as tables, charts and graphs within dashboards, each a part of the web-based user interface. This is an example of the home dashboard from pmmdemo:
PMM Client runs on every database host or node you want to monitor. The client collects server metrics, general system metrics, and query analytics data, and sends it to the server.
Percona Enterprise Platform
Percona Enterprise Platform (in development) provides value-added services for PMM.
- Security Threat Tool: checks registered database instances for a range of common security issues.
Quickstart installation https://www.percona.com/software/pmm/quickstart
To get PMM running, you must:
- Set up a PMM Server that communicates with clients, receiving metrics data and presenting it in a web-based user interface. PMM Server can run as:
Set up PMM Client on all hosts you want to monitor according to the type of system:
The PMM Client package provides exporters for different database and system types, and administration tools and agents.
- Page updated 2021-02-11