Percona Kubernetes Operator for Percona XtraDB Cluster¶
Kubernetes and the OpenShift platform, based on Kubernetes, have added a way to manage containerized systems, including database clusters. This management is achieved by controllers, declared in configuration files. These controllers provide automation with the ability to create objects, such as a container or a group of containers called pods, to listen for an specific event and then perform a task.
This automation adds a level of complexity to the container-based architecture and stateful applications, such as a database. A Kubernetes Operator is a special type of controller introduced to simplify complex deployments. The Operator extends the Kubernetes API with custom resources.
Advanced Installation Guides¶
- Local Storage support for the Percona XtraDB Cluster Operator
- Binding Percona XtraDB Cluster components to Specific Kubernetes/OpenShift Nodes
- Changing MySQL Options
- Configuring Load Balancing with HAProxy
- Configuring Load Balancing with ProxySQL
- Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- Data at Rest Encryption