Percona announces the release of Percona Server for MySQL 5.7.23-23 on September 12, 2018 (downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories). This release merges changes of MySQL 5.7.23, including all the bug fixes in it. Percona Server for MySQL 5.7.23-23 is now the current GA release in the 5.7 series. All of Percona’s software is open-source and free.
max_binlog_filesvariable is deprecated, and the
binlog_space_limitvariable should be used instead of it. The behavior of
binlog_space_limitis consistent with the variable
relay-log-space-limitused for relay logs; both variables have the same semantics. For more information, see #275.
- Starting with 5.7.23-23, it is possible to encrypt all data in the InnoDB system tablespace and in the parallel double write buffer. This feature is considered ALPHA quality. A new variable
innodb_sys_tablespace_encryptis introduced to encrypt the system tablespace. The encryption of the parallel double write buffer file is controlled by the variable
innodb_parallel_dblwr_encrypt. Both variables are
OFFby default. For more information, see #3822.
rocksdb_update_cf_optionsreturns any warnings and errors to the client instead of printing them to the server error log. For more information, see #4258.
rocksdb_rate_limit_delay_millisvariables have been removed. For more information, see #4780.
- A number of new variables were introduced for MyRocks:
rocksdb_rows_filteredto show the number of rows filtered out for TTL in MyRocks tables,
rocksdb_bulk_load_allow_skto allow adding secondary keys using the bulk loading feature,
rocksdb_error_on_suboptimal_collationtoggling warning or error in case of an index creation on a char field where the table has a sub-optimal collation,
rocksdb_stats_recalc_ratespecifying the number of indexes to recalculate per second,
rocksdb_commit_time_batch_for_recoverytoggler of writing the commit time write batch into the database, and
rocksdb_write_policyspecifying when two-phase commit data are actually written into the database.
- The statement
SELECT...ORDER BYproduced inconsistent results with the
euckr_bincollation. Bug fixed #4513 (upstream #91091).
- InnoDB statistics could incorrectly report zeros in the slow query log. Bug fixed #3828.
- With the FIPS mode enabled and performance_schema=off, the instance crashed when running the
CREATE VIEWcommand. Bug fixed #3840.
- The soft limit of the core file size was set incorrectly starting with PS 5.7.21-20. Bug fixed #4479.
- The option
innodb-optimize-keyscould fail when a dumped table has two columns such that the name of one of them contains the other as as a prefix and is defined with the AUTO_INCREMENT attribute. Bug fixed #4524.
innodb_temp_tablespace_encryptwas set to
CREATE TABLEcommand could ignore the value of the
ENCRYPTIONoption. Bug fixed #4565.
FLUSH STATUSwas run from a different session, a statement could be counted twice in
GLOBAL STATUS. Bug fixed #4570 (upstream #91541).
- In some cases, it was not possible to set the
flush_cachesvariable on systems that use systemd. Bug fixed #3796.
- A message in the MyRocks log file did not clearly inform whether fast CRC32 was supported. Bug fixed #3988.
mysqldcould not be started on Ubuntu if the database recovery had taken longer than ten minutes. Bug fixed #4546 (upstream #91423).
- The ALTER TABLE command was slow when the number of dirty pages was high. Bug fixed #3702.
- Setting the global variable
version_suffixto NULL could lead to a server crash. Bug fixed #4785.
Other Bugs Fixed
- #4620 “Enable encryption of temporary tablespace from foreground thread”
- #4727 “intrinsic temp table behaviour shouldn’t depend on innodb_encrypt_tables”
- #4046 “Ship assert failure: ‘res == 0’ (bulk loader)”
- #3851 “Percona Ver 5.6.39-83.1 Failing assertion: sym_node->table != NULL”
- #4533 “audit_log MTR tests should refer to include files without parent directories”
- #4619 “main.flush_read_lock fails with timeout in wait_condition.inc.”
- #4561 “Read after free at Binlog_crypt_data::load_latest_binlog_key()”
- #4587 “ROCKSDB_INCLUDE_RFR macro in wrong file”