Percona Server 5.7.23-23¶
This release is based on MySQL 5.7.23 and includes all the bug fixes in it. Percona Server 5.7.23-23 is now the current GA (Generally Available) release in the 5.7 series.
All software developed by Percona is open-source and free.
max_binlog_filesvariable is deprecated and replaced with the
binlog_space_limitvariable. The behavior of
binlog_space_limitis consistent with the variable
relay-log-space-limitused for relay logs; both variables have the same semantics. For more information, see #275.
- Starting with 5.7.23-23, it is possible to encrypt all data in the InnoDB
system tablespace and in the parallel double write buffer. A new variable
innodb_sys_tablespace_encryptis introduced to encrypt the system tablespace. This feature is considered ALPHA quality. The encryption of the parallel double write buffer file is controlled by the variable
innodb_parallel_dblwr_encrypt. Both variables are
OFFby default. For more information, see #3822.
rocksdb_update_cf_optionsreturns any warnings and errors to the client instead of printing them to the server error log. For more information, see #4258.
rocksdb_rate_limit_delay_millisvariables have been removed. For more information, see #4780.
- A number of new variables were introduced for MyRocks:
rocksdb_rows_filteredto show the number of rows filtered out for TTL in MyRocks tables,
rocksdb_bulk_load_allow_skto allow adding secondary keys using the bulk loading feature,
rocksdb_error_on_suboptimal_collationtoggling warning or error in case of an index creation on a char field where the table has a sub-optimal collation,
rocksdb_stats_recalc_ratespecifying the number of indexes to recalculate per second,
rocksdb_commit_time_batch_for_recoverytoggler of writing the commit time write batch into the database, and
rocksdb_write_policyspecifying when two-phase commit data are actually written into the database.
- The statement
SELECT...ORDER BYproduced inconsistent results with the
euckr_bincollation. Bug fixed #4513 (upstream #91091).
- InnoDB statistics could incorrectly report zeros in the slow query log. Bug fixed #3828.
- With the FIPS mode enabled and performance_schema=off, the instance crashed
when running the
CREATE VIEWcommand. Bug fixed #3840.
- The soft limit of the core file size was set incorrectly starting with PS
5.7.21-20. Bug fixed #4479.
- The option
innodb-optimize-keyscould fail when a dumped table has two columns such that the name of one of them contains the other as as a prefix and is defined with the AUTO_INCREMENT attribute. Bug fixed #4524.
innodb_temp_tablespace_encryptwas set to
CREATE TABLEcommand could ignore the value of the
ENCRYPTIONoption. Bug fixed #4565.
FLUSH STATUSwas run from a different session, a statement could be counted twice in
GLOBAL STATUS. Bug fixed #4570 (upstream #91541).
- In some cases, it was not possible to set the
flush_cachesvariable on systems that use systemd. Bug fixed #3796.
- A message in the MyRocks log file did not clearly inform whether fast CRC32 was supported. Bug fixed #3988.
mysqldcould not be started on Ubuntu if the database recovery had taken longer than ten minutes. Bug fixed #4546 (upstream #91423).
- The ALTER TABLE command was slow when the number of dirty pages was high. Bug fixed #3702.
- Setting the global variable
version_suffixto NULL could lead to a server crash. Bug fixed #4785.
- When more space was added to the data partition after the error that the disk partition was full, MyRocks could ignore data update commands. Bug fixed #4706.
Other Bugs Fixed¶
- #4620 “Enable encryption of temporary tablespace from foreground thread”
- #4727 “intrinsic temp table behaviour shouldn’t depend on innodb_encrypt_tables”
- #4046 “Ship assert failure: ‘res == 0’ (bulk loader)”
- #3851 “Percona Ver 5.6.39-83.1 Failing assertion: sym_node->table != NULL”
- #4533 “audit_log MTR tests should refer to include files without parent directories”
- #4619 “main.flush_read_lock fails with timeout in wait_condition.inc.”
- #4561 “Read after free at Binlog_crypt_data::load_latest_binlog_key()”
- #4587 “ROCKSDB_INCLUDE_RFR macro in wrong file”