Percona is glad to announce the new release of Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6 on Novmeber 25th 2014. Binaries are available from downloads area or from our software repositories. We’re also happy to announce that Ubuntu 14.10 and CentOS 7 users can download, install, and upgrade Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6 from Percona’s software repositories.
Based on Percona Server 5.6.21-70.1 including all the bug fixes in it, Galera Replicator 3.8, and on Codership wsrep API 25.7, Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6.21-25.8 is now the current General Availability release. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, and all the details of the release can be found in the 5.6.21-25.8 milestone at Launchpad.
- Galera 3.8 introduces auto-eviction for nodes in the cluster experiencing network issues like packet loss. It is off by default and is turned on with evs.auto_evict option. This feature requires EVS protocol version (evs.version) 1. During the EVS protocol upgrade all membership changes are communicated over EVS protocol version 0 to preserve backwards compatibility, protocol is upgraded to the highest commonly supported version when forming a new group so if there exist a single node with older version in the group, the group protocol version remains as 0 and auto-eviction is not functional. (#1274192).
- Percona XtraDB Cluster now supports backup locks in XtraBackup SST (in the default xtrabackup-v2 wsrep_sst_method). Backup locks are used in lieu of FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK on the donor during SST. This should allow for minimal disruption of existing and incoming queries, even under high load. Thus, this should allow for even faster SST and node being in ‘donor/desynced’ state. This also introduces following constraints: Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6.21 requires Percona XtraBackup 2.2.5 or higher; An older (< 5.6.21) joiner cannot SST from a newer (>= 5.6.21) donor. This is enforced through SST versioning (sent from joiner to donor during SST) and logged to error log explicitly. (#1390552).
- Percona XtraDB Cluster is now shipped with Galera MTR test suite.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster now shows a warning in case additional utilities, like
pvwhich may not affect critical path of SST, are not installed. Bug fixed #1248688.
- mysqldump SST can now use username/password from wsrep_sst_auth under group of [sst] in my.cnf in order not to display the credentials in the error log. Bug fixed #1293798.
- Normal shutdown under load would cause server to remain hanging because replayer failed to finish. Bug fixed #1358701.
- wsrep_causal_reads variable was not honored when declared as global. Bug fixed #1361859.
garbdwould not work when cluster address was specified without the port. Bug fixed #1365193.
- If mysqld gets killed during the SST it will leave an unclean data directory behind. This would cause Percona XtraDB Cluster to fail when the server would be started next time because the data directory would be corrupted. This was fixed by resuming the startup in case wsrep-recover failed to recover due to corrupted data directory. The old behavior is still achievable through
--exit-on-recover-failcommand line parameter to
mysqld_safeor exit-on-recover-fail under
my.cnf. Bug fixed #1378578.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster now reads environment variables for mysqld from following files (if present):
/etc/sysconfig/mysqlin CentOS 6 or lower;
/etc/sysconfig/mysqlin CentOS 7 with mysql.service;
/etc/sysconfig/XYZin CentOS 7 with
/etc/sysconfig/bootstrapis supplied by default). Bug fixed #1381492.
gvwstate.datfile was removed on joiner when Xtrabackup SST method was used. Bug fixed #1388059.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster now detects older joiners which don’t have the backup lock support. Bug fixed #1390552.
- Inserts to a table with auto-increment primary key could result in duplicate key error if another node joined or dropped from the cluster during the insert processing. Bug fixed #1366997.
- TOI now skips replication if all tables are temporary. Bugs fixed #11 and #13.
- Bootstrapping a node tried to resolve
gcommaddress list specified in wsrep-cluster-address. Bug fixed #88.
- In case stored procedure containing a non-InnoDB statement (MyISAM) performed autocommit, that commit would be entered two times: at statement end and next time at stored procedure end. Bug fixed #2.
- Two appliers conflicting with local transaction and resulting later in (acceptable) BF-BF lock conflict, would cause cluster to hang when the other BF thread would not grant the lock back after its local transaction got aborted. Bug fixed #7.
Help us improve our software quality by reporting any bugs you encounter using our bug tracking system. As always, thanks for your continued support of Percona!