Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6.14-25.1 Beta is now availableHrvoje Matijakovic
Based on Percona Server 5.6.14-62.0 including all the bug fixes in it, Galera Replicator 3.1 and on Codership wsrep API 5.6.14-25.1 is now the first BETA release. All of Percona’s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.6.14-25.1 milestone at Launchpad.
This release contains all of the features and bug fixes in Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.5.34-23.7.6, plus the following:
- Percona XtraDB Cluster is now using Galera Replicator 3.1 and wsrep API 5.6.14-25.1.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster has implemented a number of XtraDB performance improvements for I/O-bound high-concurrency workloads.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster has implemented a number of performance improvements for Page cleaner thread tuning.
ALL_O_DIRECTmethod for innodb_flush_method has been ported from 5.5 version.
- Statement Timeout feature has been ported from the Twitter branch.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster has extended the
SELECT INTO ... OUTFILEand
SELECT INTO DUMPFILEto add the support for
UNIXsockets and named pipes.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster has implemented more efficient log block checksums with new innodb_log_checksum_algorithm variable.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster now supports Per-query variable statements.
- Limited support for Query Cache has been implemented. Query cache cannot still be fully enabled during the startup. To enable query cache, mysqld should be started with
query_cache_sizeshould be changed to desired value during runtime.
- RPM packages are now made relocatable which means they now support installation to custom prefixes.
- Some wsrep variables (wsrep_provider, wsrep_provider_options, wsrep_cluster_address…) could be “doubly” allocated which caused memory leaks. Bug fixed #1072839.
SELECT FOR UPDATE...query was aborted due to multi-master conflict, the client wouldn’t get back the deadlock error. From client perspective the transaction would be successful. Bug fixed #1187739.
- Temporary tables are not replicated, but any
DDLon those tables were, which would generates error messages on other nodes. Bugs fixed #1194156, #1084702, #1212247.
- When setting the
gcache.sizeto a larger value than the default 128M, the mysql service command did not allow enough time for the file to be pre-allocated. Bug fixed #1207500.
- When installing first
Percona-XtraDB-Cluster-serveron two single statements or a single statement with both packages , yum would install
percona-xtrabackuppackage as dependency of
Percona-XtraDB-Cluster-server. Bug fixed #1226185.
- Different mutex implementation in the 5.6 could lead to server assertion error. Bug fixed #1233383.
wsrep_log_conflictsvariable could cause issues with
lock_mutex. Bug fixed #1234382.
- Server could freeze with mixed DML/DDL load because TOI brute force aborts were not properly propagated. Bug fixed #1239571.
CREATE TABLE AS SELECTwould fail with explicit temporary tables, when binlogging was enabled and
autocommitwas set to 0. Bug fixed #1240098.
- Transaction cleanup function did not get called for autocommit statements after rollback, it would stay in
LOCAL_COMMITeven after rollback finished which caused problems when the next transaction started. Bug fixed #1240567.
- DDL statements like
CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE LIKEwould be replicated and applied in all cluster nodes. This caused temporary table definitions to pile up in slave threads. Bug fixed #1246257.
CREATE TABLE AS SELECTwas not replicated, if the select result set was empty. Bug fixed #1246921.
- Write set flags defined in wsrep API are now exposed to application side appliers too. Bug fixed #1247402.
- Local brute force aborts are now counted accurately. Bug fixed #1247971.
- Certain combinations of transaction rollbacks could leave stale transactional
MDLlocks. Bug fixed #1247978.
- After turning
UNIV_SYNC_DEBUGon, node that was started from clean state would crash immediately at startup. Bug fixed #1248908.
- Server built with
UNIV_SYNC_DEBUGwould assert if SQL load has
DELETEstatements on tables with foreign key constraints with
ON DELETE CASCADEoption. Bug fixed #1248921.
- Xtrabackup SST dependencies have been added as Optional/Recommended/Suggested dependencies. Bug fixed #1250326.
Other bugs fixed: bug fixed #1020457, bug fixed #1250865, bug fixed #1249753, bug fixed #1248396, bug fixed #1247980, bug fixed #1238278, bug fixed #1234421, bug fixed #1228341, bug fixed #1228333, bug fixed #1225236, bug fixed #1221354, bug fixed #1217138, bug fixed #1206648, bug fixed #1200647, bug fixed #1180792, bug fixed #1163283, bug fixed #1234229, bugs fixed #1250805, bug fixed #1233301, and bug fixed #1210509.
Release notes for Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6.14-25.1 are available in our online documentation along with the installation and upgrade instructions. We did our best to eliminate bugs and problems during the testing release, but this is a software, so bugs are expected. If you encounter them, please report them to our bug tracking system.