Announcement of Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.5.20 GA releaseVadim Tkachenko
I am excited to announce the availability of the GA release of our new product Percona XtraDB Cluster.
Percona XtraDB Cluster is a High Availability and Scalability solution for MySQL Users and is based on Percona Server 5.5.20.
With this release we make clustering very easy and affordable for everyone. You can convert your existing MySQL replication setup into a cluster in just a couple minutes.
Tomorrow, 4-April-2012, I will be giving a webinar where I will explain what Percona XtraDB Cluster is and how does it work, you still have time to register today.
I expect XtraDB Cluster and Galera will be a big topic on coming MySQL User Conference, both Codership and Percona development team will be there, you will have a chance to ask us any questions.
- Tutorial on PL MySQL Conference Galera Synchronous Multi-Master Replication for MySQL.
- My talk on PL MySQL Conference Percona XtraDB Cluster: New HA solution.
Percona XtraDB Cluster provides:
- Synchronous replication. Transaction either commited on all nodes or none.
- Multi-master replication. You can write to any node.
- Parallel applying events on slave. Real “parallel replication”.
- Automatic node provisioning.
- Data consistency. No more unsyncronised slaves.
Percona XtraDB Cluster is fully compatible with MySQL or Percona Server in the following meaning:
- Data compatibility. Percona XtraDB Cluster works with databases created in MySQL / Percona Server
- Application compatibility. There is no or minimal application changes required to start work with Percona XtraDB Cluster
Percona XtraDB Cluster is based on Percona Server with XtraDB and includes Write Set REPlication patches. It uses the Galera library, version 2.x, a generic Synchronous Multi-Master replication plugin for transactional applications.
The Galera library is developed by Codership Oy company and
Galera 2.x supports such new features as:
- Incremental State Transfer, especially useful for WAN deployments
- RSU, Rolling Schema Update. Schema change does not block operations against table
This is an General Availability release. We did our best to eliminate bugs and problems during alpha and beta testing release, but this is a software, so bugs are expected. If you encounter them, please report to our bug tracking system.
We provide tar.gz and RPM binaries for RedHat (CentOS, Oracle Linux) 5 and 6, and Debian packages.
- General Discussion group
- Launchpad project
- Bug reports
Previous posts on this topic:
- Percona XtraDB Cluster Feature 1: High Availability
- Percona XtraDB Cluster Feature 2: Multi-Master replication
- Create 3 nodes XtraDB Cluster in 3 minutes
- Benchmarking Galera replication overhead
- Percona Server 5.5.15 + Galera 21.1-beta2
- State of the art: Galera – synchronous replication for InnoDB