Percona XtraDB Cluster Open Source Software Provides a New Approach to High Availability MySQL
Ensures Data Consistency at a Lower Cost
PLEASANTON, California - April 3, 2012 -- Percona LLC, the company that makes MySQL faster and more reliable, today announced the release of Percona XtraDB Cluster, a new approach to high availability MySQL. A breakthrough MySQL technology, Percona XtraDB Cluster is the only free, open source MySQL solution on the market today that uses the Codership Galera replication library—providing high performance, synchronous, multi-master replication—to guarantee data consistency. XtraDB Cluster enables high availability at lower costs, including no investment in the solution itself, reduced costs for developing the high availability architecture, and reduced training and education costs.
Percona MySQL Support also now features a Percona XtraDB Cluster option. With this Percona Support option, users of Percona XtraDB Cluster are assured of high quality, cost effective, 24X7 support for their production MySQL deployments.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster ensures data consistency for high performance MySQL deployments.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster is a free, open source solution.
- Key Percona XtraDB Cluster features include synchronous replication, automatic node provisioning, and support for multi-master replication and parallel applying events (known as “parallel replication”).
- Percona has made it easy to migrate from MySQL/InnoDB installations to Percona XtraDB Cluster because Percona XtraDB Cluster is based on the well-understood InnoDB/XtraDB Storage engine.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster is cloud friendly. With significantly lower network bandwidth and latency requirements than other solutions, it can easily operate over conventional networks and the cloud.
- Percona MySQL Support now includes a Percona XtraDB Cluster option, which provides high quality, cost effective, 24x7 support for production MySQL deployments using this technology.
Seppo Jaakola, CEO for Codership Oy
“We are extremely pleased that Percona has incorporated Galera replication into Percona XtraDB Cluster. Percona’s strong reputation for technical excellence and highly accessible, cost- effective MySQL Support service makes Percona XtraDB Cluster the perfect platform for the MySQL community to leverage the benefits of Galera in their production environments.”
Vadim Tkachenko, Co-founder and CTO for Percona LLC
“Percona XtraDB Cluster is an important milestone for the MySQL community. This relatively easy-to-use, high availability solution opens the door to deploying MySQL for a range of new high performance, mission critical applications, including in the cloud where high availability is desperately needed.”
(888) 401-3401 Ext. 555
+358 50 5179059
About Percona LLC
Percona LLC has made MySQL faster and more reliable for over 1,800 consulting and support customers worldwide since 2006. Percona provides enterprise-grade MySQL support, consulting, training, and development services to companies such as Cisco Systems, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC. Percona's founders authored the definitive book High Performance MySQL from O'Reilly Press and the widely read MySQL Performance Blog. Percona also develops software for MySQL users, including Percona Server and Percona XtraBackup, the only open source, hot backup utility for the InnoDB storage engine. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
# # #
Percona® and XtraBackup® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.