Percona Distribution for PostgreSQL – the best and most critical enterprise-level components from the open-source community, brought together in one single source.
Percona is pleased to announce the general availability of our Percona Distribution for PostgreSQL 11. This distribution brings together a host of open source, community-supported components, in a single distribution, designed and tested to work together.
PostgreSQL is known for its reliability, feature robustness, and performance. It is designed to be developer-friendly, with support for special data types, a powerful procedural language, and special functions, making it easy to expand to fit any environment or need and a popular choice for Oracle database migration.
While at its core the PostgreSQL server has many features, it does not meet all the needs of a modern enterprise, so the community has shared extensions and add-ons to fill in the gaps. However, these often overlap and lead to incompatibility when using combinations of tools together.
Percona Distribution for PostgreSQL provides enterprise companies the tools, add-ons, and extensions they require in a package that is guaranteed to work together and is easy to deploy, certified, and supported:
- Industry-leading high availability. Minimize outages and keep your application up and running at peak performance.
- Auditing and security enhancements. Ensure your database is safe and secure.
- Backup and recovery. Robust set of tools to protect you in case of problems, data issues, or corruption.
- Add-ons. Speed up database operations and prevent excessive locking during routine maintenance.
- Enterprise-Grade. Oracle-like procedural language, great scalability, and security features make this a popular choice for migrations.
- Flexibility. Experience the same developer-friendliness and extensibility as the community versions of PostgreSQL.
Backed by Percona’s world-class support and engineering teams, the Percona Distribution for PostgreSQL gives companies the peace of mind that these components are tested and configured to work together, with 24×7 support.
Percona Distribution for PostgreSQL 11 includes:
- PostgreSQL Core Distribution 11.5
- pg_repack to enable rebuilding tables and indexes without locks
- pgaudit to provide a full audit trail of user activity and sub statements executed in the database
- pgBackRest to provide full, incremental, differential, and archive backups quickly and securely
- Patroni to deliver a high availability environment with several nines of availability
Percona will add refinements to all of the tools included in the distribution and contribute them to the upstream community for consideration on inclusion in future releases.
With the addition of Percona Distribution for PostgreSQL, we are the only provider of distributions for all three of the most popular open source databases—PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MongoDB. Percona provides expertise, software, support, and services no matter the technology, regardless of where they are run, and is committed to being open source and preventing vendor lock-in. Percona contributes all changes to the upstream community for possible inclusion in future product releases.