Percona XtraBackup enables MySQL backups without blocking user queries, making it ideal for companies with large data sets and mission-critical applications that cannot tolerate long periods of downtime. Offered free as an open source solution, it drives down backup costs while providing unique features for MySQL backups.
In version 8.0.6, Percona XtraBackup introduces the support of the MyRocks storage engine with Percona Server for MySQL version 8.0.15-6 or higher.
Percona XtraBackup 8.0.6 enables saving backups to an Amazon S3, MinIO, and Google Cloud Storage (using interoperability mode) when using
xbcloud. The following example demonstrates how to use an Amazon S3 storage to make a full backup:
$ xtrabackup --backup --stream=xbstream --extra-lsndir=/tmp --target-dir=/tmp | \
xbcloud put --storage=s3 \
All Percona software is open-source and free.
- Amazon S3 is now supported in xbcloud. More information in PXB-1813.
- The MyRocks storage engine is now supported with Percona XtraBackup. More information in PXB-1754.
- Percona XtraBackup could fail to restore the undo tablespace created during or before incremental backup. Bug fixed PXB-1780.
- A backup could fail if
log_bin_indexwas defined in
my.cnf. Bug fixed PXB-1801.
- When the row format was changed during the backup, xtrabackup could crash during the incremental prepare stage. Bug fixed PXB-1824.
- During the
preparephase, PXB could freeze and never finish execution. Bug fixed PXB-1819.
- Percona XtraBackup could crash during the
preparestage when making a backup of a host running MySQL Server v8.0.16. Bug fixed PXB-1839.