Join Percona CEO Peter Zaitsev and PingCAP Senior Product and Community Manager Morgan Tocker as they present How to horizontally scale MySQL with TiDB while avoiding sharding issues on Wednesday, May 1st, 2019, at 11:00 AM PDT (UTC-7) / 2:00 PM EDT (UTC-4).
In this joint webinar, PingCAP will provide an introduction and overview of TiDB, tailored for those with a strong background in MySQL. PingCAP will use MySQL as an example to explain various implementation details of TiDB and translate terminology to MySQL/InnoDB terms.
Percona will then discuss sharding issues within MySQL and how TiDB resolves many of those issues through horizontal scalability.
In this webinar, the following topics will be covered:
– TiDB and the problems it resolves
– Issues with MySQL sharding, including cautionary use cases
– Benchmark results from different versions of TiDB
– MySQL compatibility with TiDB
– Summary, and question and answer