Release Notes for Percona Server for MySQL 8.0.13-3 GATyler Duzan
Percona announces the GA release of Percona Server for MySQL 8.0.13-3 on December 21, 2018 (downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories). This release merges changes of MySQL 8.0.13, including all the bug fixes in it. Percona Server for MySQL 8.0.13-3 is now the current GA release in the 8.0 series. All of Percona’s software is open-source and free.
Percona Server for MySQL 8.0 includes all the features available in MySQL 8.0 Community Edition in addition to enterprise-grade features developed by Percona. For a list of highlighted features from both MySQL 8.0 and Percona Server for MySQL 8.0, please see the GA release announcement.
Features Removed in Percona Server for MySQL 8.0
- Slow Query Log Rotation and Expiration: Not widely used, can be accomplished using
- CSV engine mode for standard-compliant quote and comma parsing
- Expanded program option modifiers
ALL_O_DIRECTInnoDB flush method: it is not compatible with the new redo logging implementation
- InnoDB memory size information from
SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUS;the same information is available from Performance Schema memory summary tables
- Query cache enhancements: The query cache is no longer present in MySQL 8.0
Features Deprecated in Percona Server for MySQL 8.0
- TokuDB Storage Engine: the Percona Server for MySQL 8.0 release series supports TokuDB. We are deprecating TokuDB support in the next major release. Percona encourages TokuDB users to explore the MyRocks Storage Engine which provides similar benefits for the majority of workloads and has better-optimized support for modern hardware.
Issues Resolved in Percona Server for MySQL 8.0.13-3
- #5014: Update Percona Backup Locks feature to use the new
BACKUP_ADMINprivilege in MySQL 8.0
- #4805: Re-Implemented Compressed Columns with Dictionaries feature in PS 8.0
- #4790: Improved accuracy of User Statistics feature
Bugs Fixed Since 8.0.12-2rc1
- Fixed a crash in
- Fixed a crash that can occur when system tables are locked by the user due to a
- Fixed a crash that can occur when system tables are locked by the user from a
SELECT FOR UPDATEstatement #5027
- Fixed a bug that caused
innodb_buffer_pool_sizeto be uninitialized after a restart if it was set using
- Fixed a crash in TokuDB that can occur when a temporary table experiences an autoincrement rollover #5056
- Fixed a bug where marking an index as invisible would cause a table rebuild in TokuDB and also in MyRocks #5031
- Fixed a bug where audit logs could get corrupted if the
audit_log_rotationswas changed during runtime. #4950
- Fixed a bug where
LOCK INSTANCE FOR BACKUPand
STOP SLAVE SQL_THREADwould cause replication to be blocked and unable to be restarted. #4758 (Upstream #93649)
Other Bugs Fixed:
Known Issues in Percona Server for MySQL 8.0.13-3
We have a few features and issues outstanding that should be resolved in the next release.
Pending Feature Re-Implementations and Improvements
- #4892: Re-Implement Expanded Fast Index Creation feature.
- #5216: Re-Implement Utility User feature.
- #5143: Identify Percona features which can make use of dynamic privileges instead of
Notable Issues in Features
- #5148: Regression in Compressed Columns Feature when using
- #4996: Regression in User Statistics feature where
TOTAL_CONNECTIONSfield report incorrect data
- #4933: Regression in Slow Query Logging Extensions feature where incorrect transaction id accounting can cause an assert during certain DDLs.
- #5206: TokuDB: A crash can occur in TokuDB when using Native Partitioning and the optimizer has
index_merge_unionenabled. Workaround by using
SET SESSION optimizer_switch="index_merge_union=off";
- #5174: MyRocks: Attempting to use unsupported features against MyRocks can lead to a crash rather than an error.
- #5024: MyRocks: Queries can return the wrong results on tables with no primary key, non-unique
- #5045: MyRocks: Altering a column or table comment cause the table to be rebuilt