Changed in Percona Server 8.0¶
Percona Server for MySQL 8.0 is based on MySQL 8.0 and incorporates many of the improvements found in Percona Server for MySQL 8.0.
Features ported to Percona Server for MySQL 8.0 from Percona Server for MySQL 5.7¶
The following features have been ported to Percona Server for MySQL 8.0 from Percona Server for MySQL 5.7:
SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUS Extensions¶
- The Redo Log state
- Specifying the InnoDB buffer pool sizes in bytes
Features removed from Percona Server for MySQL 8.0¶
Some features, that were present in Percona Server for MySQL 5.7, are removed from Percona Server for MySQL 8.0:
- Slow Query Log Rotation and Expiration
- CSV engine mode for standard-compliant quote and comma parsing
- Utility user
- Expanded program option modifiers
ALL_O_DIRECTInnoDB flush method: it is not compatible with the new redo logging implementation
- XTRADB_RSEG table from INFORMATION_SCHEMA
- InnoDB memory size information from SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUS; the same information is available from Performance Schema memory summary tables
- Query cache enhancements
- MySQL Documentation: Performance Schema Table Description
SET STATEMENT ... FOR ...statement that enabled setting a variable for a single query. For more information see Replacing SET STATEMENT FOR with the Upstream Equivalent.
LOCK BINLOG FOR BACKUPstatement due to the introduction of the
log_statustable in Performance Schema of MySQL 8.0.
QUERY_RESPONSE_TIME plugins have been removed from Percona Server for MySQL 8.0 as the Performance Schema of MySQL 8.0
provides histogram data for statement execution time.
- MySQL Documentation: Statement Histogram Summary Tables
Removed System variables¶
- The innodb_use_global_flush_log_at_trx_commit system variable which enabled setting the global MySQL variable innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit
showed the records locked in
SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUS
- NUMA support in mysqld_safe
which was an alias to the
- The max_binlog_files system variable