Please join Percona’s Principal Support Engineer, Sveta Smirnova, as she presents Performance Schema for MySQL Troubleshooting on Thursday, March 1, 2018, at 10:00 am PST (UTC-8) / 1:00 pm EST (UTC-5).
Performance Schema, first introduced in version 5.5, is a really powerful tool. It is actively under development, and each new version provides even more instruments for database administrators.
Performance Schema is complicated. It is also not free: it can slow down performance if you enable certain instruments.
In this webinar I will discuss:
- How to get started with Performance Schema
- How to effectively set it up, specifically for your troubleshooting case
- When and how data gets collected
- Which instruments affect performance and why
- What you can instrument with Performance Schema
- Where to find more information
- How sys schema can help you to more effectively work with Performance Schema
Sveta joined Percona in 2015. Her main professional interests are problem-solving, working with tricky issues, bugs, finding patterns which can solve typical issues quicker, teaching others how to deal with MySQL issues, bugs and gotchas effectively. Before joining Percona Sveta worked as Support Engineer in MySQL Bugs Analysis Support Group in MySQL AB-Sun-Oracle. She is the author of the book “MySQL Troubleshooting” and JSON UDF functions for MySQL.