NOTE: You can also run Docker containers from the images in the Docker Hub repository.
Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7.17-29.20 is now the current release, based on the following:
- Percona Server 5.7.17-13
- Galera Replication library 3.20
- wsrep API version 29
All Percona software is open-source and free.
This release is focused on performance and scalability with increasing workload threads. Tests show up to 10 times increase in performance.
- Fixed gcache page cleanup not triggering when limits are exceeded.
- Excluded the
garbdnode from flow control calculations.
- Added extra checks to verify that SSL files (certificate, certificate authority, and key) are compatible before opening connection.
- PXC-782: Updated
xtrabackup-v2script to use the
tmpdiroption (if it is set under
[, in that order).
- PXC-784: Fixed the
pc.recoveryprocedure to abort if the
gvwstate.datfile is empty or invalid, and fall back to normal joining process. For more information, see 1669333.
- PXC-794: Updated the
sockoptoption to include a comma at the beginning if it is not set by the user.
- PXC-797: Blocked
wsrep_desynctoggling while node is paused to avoid halting the cluster when running
FLUSH TABLES WITH READ. For more information, see 1370532.
- PXC-805: Inherited upstream fix to avoid using deprecated variables, such as
INFORMATION_SCHEMA.SESSION_. For more information, see 1676401.
mysqladmin shutdownto correctly stop the server on systems using
- Fixed several packaging and dependency issues.
- Updated semantics for gcache page cleanup to trigger when either
exceeds the limit, instead of both at the same time.
- Added support for passing the XtraBackup buffer pool size with the
--use-memoryoption is not passed with the
- Improved SST and IST log messages for better readability and unification.
- Improved parallelism for better scaling with multiple threads.
- Added validations for
IMPin PXC Strict Mode to prevent data inconsistency.
- Added the
variable to indicate if node is in flow control (paused).
- PXC-766: Added the
variable to show progress during an IST.
CREATE TABLE ... AS SE(CTAS) statements with temporary tables (
CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE ... AS) in PXC Strict Mode. For more information, see 1666899.
- PXC-783: Improved the wsrep stage framework.
- PXC-795: Set
--parallel=4as default option for
wsrep_sst_xtrabackup-v2to run four threads with XtraBackup.
- PXC-811: Changed default values for the following variables:
- Moved wsrep settings into a separate configuration file (
Help us improve our software quality by reporting any bugs you encounter using our bug tracking system. As always, thanks for your continued support of Percona!