NOTE: You can also run Docker containers from the images in the Docker Hub repository.
Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7.17-29.20 is now the current release, based on the following:
- Percona Server 5.7.17-13
- Galera Replication library 3.20
- wsrep API version 29
All Percona software is open-source and free.
This release is focused on performance and scalability with increasing workload threads. Tests show up to 10 times increase in performance.
- Updated semantics for gcache page cleanup to trigger when either
exceeds the limit, instead of both at the same time.
- Added support for passing the XtraBackup buffer pool size with the
--use-memoryoption is not passed with the
- Fixed gcache page cleanup not triggering when limits are exceeded.
- Improved SST and IST log messages for better readability and unification.
- Excluded the
garbdnode from flow control calculations.
- Added extra checks to verify that SSL files (certificate, certificate authority, and key) are compatible before openning connection.
- Improved parallelism for better scaling with multiple threads.
- Added validations for
IMPin PXC Strict Mode to prevent data inconsistency.
- Added the
variable to indicate if node is in flow control (paused).
- PXC-766: Added the
variable to show progress during an IST.
CREATE TABLE ... AS SE(CTAS) statements with temporary tables (
CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE ... AS) in PXC Strict Mode. For more information, see 1666899.
- PXC-782: Updated
xtrabackup-v2script to use the
tmpdiroption (if it is set under
[, in that order).
- PXC-783: Improved the wsrep stage framework.
- PXC-784: Fixed the
pc.recoveryprocedure to abort if the
gvwstate.datfile is empty or invalid, and fall back to normal joining process. For more information, see 1669333.
- PXC-794: Updated the
sockoptoption to include a comma at the beginning if it is not set by the user.
- PXC-795: Set
--parallel=4as default option for
wsrep_sst_xtrabackup-v2to run four threads with XtraBackup.
- PXC-797: Blocked
wsrep_desynctoggling while node is paused to avoid halting the cluster when running
FLUSH TABLES WITH READ. For more information, see 1370532.
- PXC-805: Inherited upstream fix to avoid using deprecated variables, such as
INFORMATION_SCHEMA.SESSION_. For more information, see 1676401.
- PXC-811: Changed default values for the following variables:
- Moved wsrep settings into a separate configuration file (
mysqladmin shutdownto correctly stop the server on systems using
- Fixed several packaging and dependency issues.
Help us improve our software quality by reporting any bugs you encounter using our bug tracking system. As always, thanks for your continued support of Percona!