Please join Percona’s Senior Technical Operations Architect Tim Vaillancourt as he presents Tuning MongoDB Consistency on April 12, 2017 at 10:00 am PDT / 1:00 pm EDT (UTC-7).
In this webinar, we will cover:
- Consistency, atomicity and isolation in MongoDB
- Replica set rollbacks, and the risks to your data
- Integrity vs. scalability tradeoffs to consider during development
- Using read concerns and write concerns to tune your application data consistency
- When to use Read Preference, and the tradeoffs of doing so
- Tuning your MongoDB deployment and server configuration for data integrity/consistency
- Performing cluster-wide consistent backups
By the end of the webinar you will have a better understanding of how to use MongoDB’s features to achieve a required balance of consistency and scalability.
Tim joined Percona in 2016 as Sr. Technical Operations Architect for MongoDB with a goal to make the operations of MongoDB as smooth as possible. With experience operating infrastructures in industries such as government, online marketing/publishing, SaaS and gaming, combined with experience tuning systems from the hard disk all the way up to the end-user, Tim has spent time in nearly every area of the modern IT stack with many lessons learned.
Tim is based in Amsterdam, NL and enjoys traveling, coding and music. Before Percona Tim was the Lead MySQL DBA of Electronic Arts’ DICE studios, helping some of the largest games in the world (“Battlefield” series, “Mirrors Edge” series, “Star Wars: Battlefront”) launch and operate smoothly while also leading the automation of MongoDB deployments for EA systems. Before the role of DBA at EA’s DICE studio, Tim served as a subject matter expert in NoSQL databases, queues and search on the Online Operations team at EA SPORTS. Before moving to the gaming industry, Tim served as a Database/Systems Admin operating a large MySQL-based SaaS infrastructure at AbeBooks/Amazon Inc.