Percona announces the GA release of Percona Server for MySQL 5.7.17-12 on March 24, 2017. Download the latest version from the Percona web site or the Percona Software Repositories. You can also run Docker containers from the images in the Docker Hub repository.
Based on MySQL 5.7.17, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server for MySQL 5.7.17-12 is the current GA release in the Percona Server for MySQL 5.7 series. Percona’s provides completely open-source and free software. Find release details in the 5.7.17-12 milestone at Launchpad.
- Percona Server has implemented new mysqldump
--order-by-primary-descoption. This feature tells mysqldump to take the backup by descending primary key order (
PRIMARY KEY DESC) which can be useful if storage engine is using reverse order column family for a primary key.
- mysqldump will now detect when MyRocks is installed and available by seeing if there is a session variable named
rocksdb_skip_fill_cacheand setting it to
1if it exists.
- mysqldump will now automatically enable session variable
rocksdb_bulk_loadif it is supported by the target server.
- If the variable
thread_handlingwas set to
pool-of-threadsin the MySQL configuration file, the server couldn’t be gracefully shut down. Bug fixed #1537554.
innodb_ft_result_cache_limitwas exceeded by internal memory allocated by InnoDB during the FT scan not all memory was released which could lead to server assertion. Bug fixed #1634932 (upstream #83648).
- Executing the
FLUSH LOGSon a read-only slave with a user that doesn’t have the
SUPERprivilege would result in
Error 1290. Bug fixed #1652852 (upstream #84350).
FLUSH LOGSwas disabled with
super_read_onlyvariables. Bug fixed #1654682 (upstream #84437).
PERFORMANCE_SCHEMA.GLOBAL_STATUSquery, and a transaction commit would run in parallel, they could deadlock. Bug fixed #1657128.
- A long-running binary log commit would block
SHOW STATUS, which in turn could block a number of other operations such as client connects and disconnects. Bug fixed #1646100.
- Log tracking initialization did not find last valid bitmap data correctly. Bug fixed #1658055.
- A query using range scan with a complex range condition could lead to a server crash. Bug fixed #1660591 (upstream #84736).
- Race condition between buffer pool page optimistic access and eviction could lead to a server crash. Bug fixed #1664280.
- If Audit Log Plugin was unable to create file pointed by
audit_log_file, the server would crash during the startup. Bug fixed #1666496.
DROP TEMPORARY TABLE ...for a table created by a
CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE ... SELECT ...would get logged in the binary log on a disconnect with mixed mode replication. Bug fixed #1671013.
- TokuDB did not use an index with even if cardinality was good. Bug fixed #1671152.
- Row-based replication events were not reflected in
Rows_updatedfields in the User Statistics
INFORMATION_SCHEMAtables. Bug fixed #995624.
DuplicateWeedoutstrategy was used for joins, use was not reported in the query plan info output extension for the slow query log. Bug fixed #1592694.
- It was impossible to use column compression dictionaries with partitioned InnoDB tables. Bug fixed #1653104.
- Diagnostics for OpenSSL errors have been improved. Bug fixed #1660339 (upstream #75311).
Other bugs fixed: #1665545, #1650321, #1654501, #1663251, #1659548, #1663452, #1670834, #1672871, #1626545, #1658006, #1658021, #1659218, #1659746, #1660239, #1660243, #1660348, #1662163 (upstream #81467), #1664219, #1664473, #1671076, and #1671123.