Based on MySQL 5.7.14, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.7.14-7 is the current GA release in the Percona Server 5.7 series. Percona’s provides completely open-source and free software. Find release details in the 5.7.14-7 milestone at Launchpad.
- Percona Server Audit Log Plugin now supports filtering by user, database, and sql_command.
- Percona Server now supports tree map file block allocation strategy for TokuDB.
- Fixed potential cardinality
0issue for TokuDB tables if
ANALYZE TABLEfinds only deleted rows and no actual logical rows before it times out. Bug fixed #1607300 (#1006, #732).
database.table.indexnames longer than 256 characters could cause a server crash if background analyze table status was checked while running. Bug fixed #1005.
- PAM Authentication Plugin would abort authentication while checking UNIX user group membership if there were more than a thousand members. Bug fixed #1608902.
DROP DATABASEwould fail to delete some of the tables in the database, the partially-executed command is logged in the binlog as
DROP TABLE t1, t2, ...for the tables for which drop succeeded. A slave might fail to replicate such
DROP TABLEstatement if there exist foreign key relationships to any of the dropped tables and the slave has a different schema from the master. Fix by checking, on the master, whether any of the database to be dropped tables participate in a Foreign Key relationship, and fail the
DROP DATABASEstatement immediately. Bug fixed #1525407 (upstream #79610).
- PAM Authentication Plugin didn’t support spaces in the UNIX user group names. Bug fixed #1544443.
- Due to security reasons
ld_preloadlibraries can now only be loaded from the system directories (
/usr/lib) and the MySQL installation base directory.
- In the client library, any
EINTRreceived during network I/O was not handled correctly. Bug fixed #1591202 (upstream #82019).
SHOW GLOBAL STATUSwas locking more than the upstream implementation which made it less suitable to be called with high frequency. Bug fixed #1592290.
- The included
.gitignorein the percona-server source distribution had a line
*.spec, which means someone trying to check in a copy of the percona-server source would be missing the spec file required to build the RPMs. Bug fixed #1600051.
- Audit Log Plugin did not transcode queries. Bug fixed #1602986.
- If the changed page bitmap redo log tracking thread stops due to any reason, then shutdown will wait for a long time for the log tracker thread to quit, which it never does. Bug fixed #1606821.
- Changed page tracking was initialized too late by InnoDB. Bug fixed #1612574.
- Fixed stack buffer overflow if
--ssl-cipherhad more than 4000 characters. Bug fixed #1596845 (upstream #82026).
- Audit Log Plugin events did not report the default database. Bug fixed #1435099.
- Canceling the TokuDB Background ANALYZE TABLE job twice or while it was in the queue could lead to server assertion. Bug fixed #1004.
- Fixed various spelling errors in comments and function names. Bug fixed #728 (Otto Kekäläinen).
- Implemented set of fixes to make PerconaFT build and run on the AArch64 (64-bit ARMv8) architecture. Bug fixed #726 (Alexey Kopytov).
Other bugs fixed:
#1542874 (upstream #80296), #1610242, #1604462 (upstream #82283), #1604774 (upstream #82307), #1606782, #1607359, #1607606, #1607607, #1607671, #1609422, #1610858, #1612551, #1613663, #1613986, #1455430, #1455432, #1581195, #998, #1003, and #730.