Based on MySQL 5.6.32, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.6.32-78.0 is the current GA release in the Percona Server 5.6 series. Percona Server is open-source and free – this is the latest release of our enhanced, drop-in replacement for MySQL. Complete details of this release are available in the 5.6.32-78.0 milestone on Launchpad.
- Percona Server Audit Log Plugin now supports filtering by user and SQL command.
- Percona Server now supports tree map file block allocation strategy for TokuDB.
- Fixed potential cardinality
0issue for TokuDB tables if
ANALYZE TABLEfinds only deleted rows and no actual logical rows before it times out. Bug fixed #1607300 (#1006, #732).
database.table.indexnames longer than 256 characters could cause server crash if background analyze table status was checked while running. Bug fixed #1005.
- PAM Authentication Plugin would abort authentication while checking UNIX user group membership if there were more than a thousand members. Bug fixed #1608902.
DROP DATABASEwould fail to delete some of the tables in the database, the partially-executed command is logged in the binlog as
DROP TABLE t1, t2, ...for the tables for which drop succeeded. A slave might fail to replicate such
DROP TABLEstatement if there exist foreign key relationships to any of the dropped tables and the slave has a different schema from master. Fix by checking, on the master, whether any of the database to be dropped tables participate in a Foreign Key relationship, and fail the
DROP DATABASEstatement immediately. Bug fixed #1525407 (upstream #79610).
- PAM Authentication Plugin didn’t support spaces in the UNIX user group names. Bug fixed #1544443.
- Due to security reasons
ld_preloadlibraries can now only be loaded from the system directories (
/usr/lib) and the MySQL installation base directory.
- Percona Server 5.6 could not be built with the
-DMYSQL_MAINTAINER_MODE=ONoption. Bug fixed #1590454.
- In the client library, any
EINTRreceived during network I/O was not handled correctly. Bug fixed #1591202 (upstream #82019).
- The included
.gitignorein the percona-server source distribution had a line
*.spec, which means someone trying to check in a copy of the percona-server source would be missing the spec file required to build the RPMs. Bug fixed #1600051.
- Audit Log Plugin did not transcode queries. Bug fixed #1602986.
- LeakSanitizer-enabled build failed to bootstrap server for MTR. Bug fixed #1603978 (upstream #81674).
MYSQL_SERVER_PUBLIC_KEYconnection option memory leak. Bug fixed #1604419.
- The fix for bug #1341067 added a call to free some of the heap memory allocated by OpenSSL. This is not safe for repeated calls if OpenSSL is linked twice through different libraries and each is trying to free the same. Bug fixed #1604676.
- If the changed page bitmap redo log tracking thread stops due to any reason, then shutdown will wait for a long time for the log tracker thread to quit, which it never does. Bug fixed #1606821.
- Audit Log Plugin events did not report the default database. Bug fixed #1435099.
- Canceling the TokuDB Background ANALYZE TABLE job twice or while it was in the queue could lead to server assertion. Bug fixed #1004.
- Fixed various spelling errors in comments and function names. Bug fixed #728 (Otto Kekäläinen).
- Implemented set of fixes to make PerconaFT build and run on the AArch64 (64-bit ARMv8) architecture. Bug fixed #726 (Alexey Kopytov).
Other bugs fixed: #1603073, #1604323, #1604364, #1604462, #1604774, #1606782, #1607224, #1607359, #1607606, #1607607, #1607671, #1608385, #1608437, #1608845, #1609422, #1610858, #1612084, #1612551, #1455430, #1455432, #1610242, #998, #1003, #729, and #730.