Based on MySQL 5.7.10, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.7.10-3 is the current GA release in the Percona Server 5.7 series. All of Percona’s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.7.10-3 milestone at Launchpad.
- Complete list of changes between Percona Server 5.6 and 5.7 can be seen in Changed in Percona Server 5.7.
- Percona Server has implemented Multi-threaded asynchronous LRU flusher. This work also allows to safely use
backoffvalue for the
innodb_empty_free_list_algorithmserver system variable, and its default has been changed accordingly.
- In Percona Server 5.7 super_read_only feature has been replaced with the upstream implementation. There are currently two known issues compared to Percona Server 5.6 implementation:
- InnoDB crash recovery might fail if
innodb_flush_methodis set to
ALL_O_DIRECT. The workaround is to set this variable to a different value before starting up the crashed instance (bug #1529885).
- Percona Server 5.7.10-1 didn’t write the initial root password into the log file
/var/log/mysqld.logduring the installation on CentOS 6. Bug fixed #1541769.
- Cardinality of partitioned TokuDB tables became inaccurate after the changes introduced by TokuDB Background ANALYZE TABLE feature in Percona Server 5.7.10-1. Bug fixed #925.
- Running the
TRUNCATE TABLEwhile TokuDB Background ANALYZE TABLE is enabled could lead to a server crash once analyze job tries to access the truncated table. Bug fixed #938.
- Percona TokuBackup would fail with an unclear error if backup process found
mysqld_safe.pidfile (owned by root) inside the
datadir. Fixed by excluding the pid file by default. Bug fixed #125.
- PAM Authentication Plugin build warning has been fixed. Bug fixed #1541601.