Percona is glad to announce the second release candidate of Percona Server 5.7.10-2 on February 8, 2016. Download the latest version from the Percona web site or from the Percona Software Repositories.
Based on MySQL 5.7.10, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.7.10-2 is the current Release Candidate release in the Percona Server 5.7 series. All of Percona’s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.7.10-2 milestone at Launchpad.
- Complete list of changes between Percona Server 5.6 and 5.7 can be seen in Changed in Percona Server 5.7.
- 5.7 binlog group commit algorithm is now supported in TokuDB as well.
- New TokuDB index statistics reporting has been implemented to be compatible with the changes implemented in upstream 5.7. Following the InnoDB example, the default value for
tokudb_cardinality_scale_percenthas been changed from 50% to 100%. Implementing this also addresses a server crash deep in the optimizer code.
- In Percona Server 5.7 super_read_only feature has been replaced with the upstream implementation. There are currently two known issues compared to Percona Server 5.6 implementation:
- InnoDB crash recovery might fail if
innodb_flush_methodis set to
ALL_O_DIRECT. The workaround is to set this variable to a different value before starting up the crashed instance (bug #1529885).
- Clustering secondary index could not be created on a partitioned TokuDB table. Bug fixed #1527730 (#720).
- Percona TokuBackup was failing to compile with Percona Server 5.7. Bug fixed #123.
- Granting privileges to a user authenticating with PAM Authentication Plugin could lead to a server crash. Bug fixed #1521474.
- TokuDB status variables were missing from Percona Server 5.7.10-1. Bug fixed #1527364 (#923).
- Attempting to rotate the audit log file would result in audit log file name
foo.log.%u(literally) instead of a numeric suffix. Bug fixed #1528603.
- Adding an index to an InnoDB temporary table while
expand_fast_index_creationwas enabled could lead to server assertion. Bug fixed #1529555.
- TokuDB would not be upgraded on Debian/Ubuntu distributions while performing an upgrade from Percona Server 5.6 to Percona Server 5.7 even if explicitly requested. Bug fixed #1533580.
- Server would assert when both TokuDB and InnoDB tables were used within one transaction on a replication slave which has binary log enabled and slave updates logging disabled. Bug fixed #1534249 (upstream bug #80053).
- MeCab Full-Text Parser Plugin has not been included in the previous release. Bug fixed #1534617.
- Fixed server assertion caused by Performance Schema memory key mix-up in
SET STATEMENT ... FOR ...statements. Bug fixed #1534874.
- Setting the
innodb_sched_priority_purge(available only in debug builds) while purge threads were stopped would cause a server crash. Bug fixed #1368552.
- Enabling TokuDB with ps_tokudb_admin script inside the Docker container would cause an error due to insufficient privileges even when running as root. In order for this script to be used inside docker containers this error has been changed to a warning that a check is impossible. Bug fixed #1520890.
- Write-heavy workload with a small buffer pool could lead to a deadlock when free buffers are exhausted. Bug fixed #1521905.
- InnoDB status will start printing negative values for spin rounds per wait, if the wait number, even though being accounted as a signed 64-bit integer, will not fit into a signed 32-bit integer. Bug fixed #1527160 (upstream #79703).
- Percona Server 5.7 couldn’t be restarted after TokuDB has been installed with ps_tokudb_admin script. Bug fixed #1527535.
- Fixed memory leak when utility_user is enabled. Bug fixed #1530918.
- Page cleaner worker threads were not instrumented for Performance Schema. Bug fixed #1532747 (upstream bug #79894).
- Busy server was preferring LRU flushing over flush list flushing too strongly which could lead to performance degradation. Bug fixed #1534114.
libjemalloc.so.1was missing from a binary tarball. Bug fixed #1537129.
cmake/make/make_binary_distributionworkflow was used to produce binary tarballs it would produce tarballs with
mysql-...naming instead of
percona-server-.... Bug fixed #1540385.
- Added proper memory cleanup if for some reason a table is unable to be opened from a dead closed state. This prevents an assertion from happening the next time the table is attempted to be opened. Bug fixed #917.
tokudb_support_xahas been modified to prevent setting it to anything but
ON/ENABLEDand to print a SQL warning anytime an attempt is made to change it, just like
innodb_support_xa. Bug fixed #928.
Other bugs fixed: #1179451, #1534246, #1524763, #1525109 (upstream #79569), #1530102, #897, #898, #899, #900, #901, #902, #903, #905, #906, #907, #908, #909, #910, #911, #912, #913, #915, #919, and #904.