Percona XtraBackup enables MySQL backups without blocking user queries, making it ideal for companies with large data sets and mission-critical applications that cannot tolerate long periods of downtime. Offered free as an open source solution, Percona XtraBackup drives down backup costs while providing unique features for MySQL backups.
This release is the current GA (Generally Available) stable release in the 2.3 series.
- Database directories were not removed if
DROP DATABASEhappened during the backup. Bug fixed #1461735.
- Backup would fail if Store backup history on the server feature was enabled and backup was taken from server without binary log enabled. Bug fixed #1509812.
- Percona XtraBackup now fails with descriptive error message if
--defaults-extra-fileoption is not specified first. Bug fixed #1511451.
- Backup would fail if
--rsyncoption was used without specifying temporary folder. Bug fixed #1511701.
- Fixed Percona XtraBackup crash which happened when it was used for SST on MariaDB Galera Cluster caused by double free of
datadirvariable. Bug fixed #1512281.
--move-backoption did not respect the
innodb_data_home_diroptions which caused
ib_logfilesand data files not to be moved back to correct location. Bug fixed #1512616.
xtrabackup_binlog_infowas not updated correctly when applying incremental backups. Bug fixed #1523687.
- When using a
--defaults-fileoption Percona XtraBackup would complain about
datadirbeing mismatched if it wasn’t explicitly set in the defaults file. Bug fixed #1508448.
- Fixed build issues by adding missing check in cmake script for
xxdpresence. Bug fixed #1511267.
- Percona XtraBackup would terminate backup process without error if
--slave-infooption was used on a server not running as a replication slave. Bug fixed #1513520.
- innobackupex when used with
--streamoption would create an empty directory with a timestamp as a name. Bug fixed #1520569.